Moving a plant

Neil

I'm not sure what cherry leaf is, but the others should be fine. I've grown wisteria and anacharis and they don't seem to even flinch at being moved around when you feel like redecorating. You can even just trim off the tops and replant them to start new growth in other parts of your tank. Anubias is something you can tie or super glue to an object (like a rock or wood) and then rearrange till your heart's content. 

• Like 1

I was wondering the same thing - I bought some plants thinking I could temporarily plant them in my 10 gal for the next 4 months or so - now I am afraid I will kill them when I go to move them - I know the anubius and wisteria will be fine but what about baby tears, micro sword, dwart chain sword and cryptocoryne wendtii?  I just have them in their pots right now.  

27 minutes ago, Tami said:

I was wondering the same thing - I bought some plants thinking I could temporarily plant them in my 10 gal for the next 4 months or so - now I am afraid I will kill them when I go to move them - I know the anubius and wisteria will be fine but what about baby tears, micro sword, dwart chain sword and cryptocoryne wendtii?  I just have them in their pots right now.  

For baby tears, it usually is tolerable of being moved. Dwarf baby tears can be trickier, because it can be difficult to establish good growth, and moving it might damage the roots and impact that growth.
For micro sword, be gentle when moving and replanting them, as their root systems are very delicate and take time to establish. I don’t think it would impact the plant too negatively, but it could definitely damage the roots. Give them time to establish again. 

For dwarf chain swords, there could be a slight melt back potentially, but they’re usually pretty durable. 
For crypt wendtii, like most crypts, there’s a good chance of having a melt back. But they’ll usually come back strong as ever.