Dean's tank holding fry containers

Austin Raabe

The pump circulates.  Dean has a central water change system, but he controls his water changes rather than fully automatic.  I'm not sure how much he changes the water on that particular tank, but I would guess frequent smaller changes over one big change to keep water chemistry as stable as possible.

The tank itself is a 20 gallon tank that is filtered by an Eheim canister filter filled with bio-media. There is a relatively fine sponge on it's intake in the tank. There is also a fine sponge filter in the tank and another small filter in the tank that is kind of like a small box filter, it has coral in it for buffering the water. Finally there is a really fine sponge on the intake to the power head that supplies water to the fry trays. About every three months I clean all the sponges and filter media in the tank itself. I haven't cleaned the canister filter in the last three years. I do approximately 30% water changes three times a week.

• Thanks 2

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello, I am curious as to what the metal valves that control the water inflow to the fry containers are called? The ones with the rubber gasket that come from the pvc pipe that supplies the water. Thanks in advance!!

Edited by Chuck33