EpicFish73

Hello Forums,

Once more, I am asking a question about stocking. Could I keep 6 Heckle Discus (Or Any Other Kind, Doesn't Matter), 3 Marbled Angelfish (Or Any Other Kind, Doesn't Matter), 12 Blue King (Cochu) Tetras, 6 Pygmy Cories, 3 Apistogramma Cacatuoides (A Male And Two Females), And 3 Bolivian Rams (Again, One Male And Two Females)? It looks like overstocking, but I'm not 100% sure, since I've never kept discus. Thoughts?

I would be concerned about the discus with angels, and the rams with apistos. You have chosen 2 pairs of similar fish that want the same resources. I imagine the angels may out compete the discus, and maybe the same for the apistos with the rams. The setup on the 125 would be critical to keep it from becoming wall to wall aggression, and then when some pairs start breeding it will escalate. Probably it can be done, but it sounds challenging.

1 hour ago, ADMWNDSR83 said:

I can't give an educated response on the amount of stocking (Although it does seem heavy to me), but my  initial take was the danger of the tiny pygmy cories from getting eaten by the biggies, but maybe they'll be ok.

I agree I would get a bigger type of cories.

On 12/27/2020 at 8:51 PM, Taco Playz said:

I agree I would get a bigger type of cories.

Like the others I would not recommend pairing such a small Cory with (relatively larger cichlids) and recommend a variety of Cory that will tolerate the higher temperatures that the discus and rams need like the Sterbai Cory.  I suspect that you will have difficulty seeing 6 Pygmy Corys in a 125 as well.  I do not have experience with Discus, but Cory has made videos on them before: