Can't succesfully run an airstone.

cornelius85

I am a canister filter user. Intake on one corner and outlet on the other, aimed towards center of the front glass.

As Cory mentioned several times the benefits of using an airstone I decided to run one. 

But no matter what I do where ever I place the air stone, I am having problems with my heater. Sometimes it never goes on or other times it keeps on working. When I shut the air stone, heater operates as it is supposed to and my temps stays where they should. I think it affects the flow. Where can I put it so everything should work as they supposed to.

Below isht photo of my tank20201201_114851.jpg.3d09bb78241988389a83e41a26e957a7.jpg

It is normally set to 25degrees (celcius). And due too room temperature it only works once a day at night (rest of the day tank is stable at 25 without heater)

Sometimes I woke up as low as 23,5 degrees and as high as 26 degrees (I had to shut it manually) I realized the airstone was the culprit just recently. As I needed the airpump on another tank. I did contacted the manufacturer to sent the heater to be replaced. But now I am torn, they'll test it and it'll work just fine.

40 minutes ago, James Black said:

Maybe the powerbar cant take both outlets, like maybe you have too many outlets plugged in??

I dont think that is the case. Air pump uses 2 watss, heater is 200 watts, filter is another 15 watts. During daytime a 1200 watt gaming pc is also running on the same outlet. Never tripped a circuit.

Edited by cornelius85