What is your bucket list aquarium?

Mine would be a diy aquarium large enough to keep a wolf fish (Hoplias malabaricus) or a spotted gar if the wolf fish turned out to be illegal. It would have lots of plants and lots of hardscape. Also I would want to try colony breeding chilli rasboras, CPDs, and possibly one or two more species of nano fish to n the tank as well. I would probably build a refugium as the filter.

• Like 2

I’m a bit like your brother. It can change every time you ask me. I bounce around between a large oranda goldfish tank. Or a huge geophagus, Oscar, severum, tank. Lately it’s been a good sized mbuna tank. Or even a tank for shell dwellers, Julidochromis, and gold head compessiceps.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Probably a 40 breeder or 55 (or heck, why not a 75!) community tank super heavily planted with community fish, gallons of Cory’s on the bottom and Pearl Gouramis or an Angel for centerpiece.

I would also love to keep an Oscar😍

And my slightly more possible bucket list tank is a 7g rimless cube (or rimless long tank - the bookshelf style is so cool!) for chili rasboras and blue neo shrimp. I’d really like to try a dirted tank and make it a crypt garden. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

My dream setup would be a 250 gallon aquarium with a nice wooden stand and canopy, in a dark mahogany stain. Add 200 Cardinal tetras, a dozen sterbai cories, a pair of longfin albino ancistrus, a pair of longfin blue-eyed lemon ancistrus, a pair of longfin super red ancistrus, three or four 4'-6' long pieces of driftwood, natural sand substrate, with some crypts & Amazon swords only on one side. Filtration would be a 55 gallon sump underneath, with all the plumbing needed for water changes at the push of a button.

Once that's fully established, add a dozen wild caught Cuipeua Royal discus.

Perfection!

(I've done similar with a 135 & domestic bred discus for over 5 years, so I know that I could properly care for them.)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 9/28/2024 at 10:59 PM, Tony s said:

I’m a bit like your brother. It can change every time you ask me. I bounce around between a large oranda goldfish tank. Or a huge geophagus, Oscar, severum, tank. Lately it’s been a good sized mbuna tank. Or even a tank for shell dwellers, Julidochromis, and gold head compessiceps.

Yup.  This is me.  I want ALL the fishes 🤣 my dream tank is whatever caught my eye that day 🤣

• Haha 4
  • Love 1

On 9/29/2024 at 11:18 AM, JS Fish said:

snowflake moray eel

One of my favorite moray species. If you get one they love squid. 

I can't afford keeping saltwater fish anymore but my dream aquarium. Large enough to support 2 marbled catshark's. 

• Love 2