Best Nicrew light

Karen B.

Greetings!

I have a 20 gallons high fish tank. Currently all plastic plants, but I want to convert it to real plants.

I will try to focus on low/medium plants. No co2. I don’t want special effects on my light - it’s on a timer anyway. Or at most, sunrise/sunset effects.

There is so many choice but not all are available in Canada. I think the fluval 3.0 would be a bit over kill so maybe Nicrew? But then there is Classic, SkyLed, etc, etc.

After analyzing with my very limited knowledge, I would go with the Nicrew Skyled plus 24 ‘’.  What are your toughts?

1 hour ago, teenage fish said:

I have the Nicrew classic LED Plus and it has worked well for me. It’s a cheap light and it works well for me. I’m not planting any hard species, but the light is bright nonetheless.

Do you know what are the difference between the Classic LED plus and the Skyled plus? Numbers wise, the skyled seem more powerful but more people seem to go for the Classic

The first light I bought for our 40 breeder was a Finnex Stingray 2.  It's a decent light, but I would expect more for the money.  After that, I started buying Hygger Lights and I love them.  They are bright, they work great with my Leviton Timers and are very sturdy.  I've had them slide off of the tanks a couple of times when I open or close the lid (my fault, not a fault of the lights)  and they still continue to work.  I can't justify spending money on the Fluval lights, so these are my go to lights now.

• Like 2

The differences in the nicrew lights are the types of leds in the light and the available sizes.

The Nicrew classic only has white and blue leds and for your tank youd get the 18-24in

The Nicrew classic plus has white blue red and green leds and comes in an 18-24in model

The nicrew skyled has white and RGB ( red blue and green from a single emitter) leds and also comes in 18-24in

The nicrew skyled plus has white blue and red leds but comes in a 24-30in model

Personally I would go with the skyled plus if it was my tank and I was only looking at Nicrew because its the only one that comes in the larger size. with any of the other lights your tank is the largest it will fit which means the leds wont start untill about 4in from the edges of the tank vs about 1in with the skyled. 

Beamswork and hygger lights are also worth a look when shopping for budget lights. I inherited a nicrew classic with my 29 hex and switched it out for a hygger that came in a better size and get much better growth.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChefConfit said:

The differences in the nicrew lights are the types of leds in the light and the available sizes.

The Nicrew classic only has white and blue leds and for your tank youd get the 18-24in

The Nicrew classic plus has white blue red and green leds and comes in an 18-24in model

The nicrew skyled has white and RGB ( red blue and green from a single emitter) leds and also comes in 18-24in

The nicrew skyled plus has white blue and red leds but comes in a 24-30in model

Personally I would go with the skyled plus if it was my tank and I was only looking at Nicrew because its the only one that comes in the larger size. with any of the other lights your tank is the largest it will fit which means the leds wont start untill about 4in from the edges of the tank vs about 1in with the skyled. 

Beamswork and hygger lights are also worth a look when shopping for budget lights. I inherited a nicrew classic with my 29 hex and switched it out for a hygger that came in a better size and get much better growth.

Thank you very much, that really sums it well. I will look at the other you mentioned as well. 

Hi....I have nicrew 36-48 inch and I got the clock genius with it. On the off chance that you have the light I profoundly propose the clock. It was 12 dollars on amazon and you can modify it yourself. It has a brief progressive "knock" you can utilize or a brief steady "knock" or you can pick no knock by any means. I picked the 30 moment moderate increment.

order pcb assembly

Edited by FinPerlak