Young beginner hobbyist :]

Hello! 
Recently as a birthday present from my family I have been able to start setting up my first planted freshwater tank. I have used this forum to do quite a bit of research and it has been endlessly helpful, so I thought I’d join to help gain further insight and interact with its lovely community.

I’ve always loved animals from a young age, (Little 7 year old me cried at the horrid conditions of fish being kept at Walmart) and have always tried to do my best research on how to care for them whenever a new one caught my eye, regardless of whether or not my parents would allow me to get it lol. Now that I have that opportunity, I’m excited to interact with people who have the same adoration for fish (and living things in general) as I do ❤️

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Welcome to the forum! I to love learning about animals regardless of if I can keep them. Always learn about new animals and new ways to keep them is one of my favorite parts of this forum! Good luck to you and your new 10 gallon tank!

• Like 1

So happy that you're starting at an early age. You're already on the right path of researching before you do things. 

I'm sure you know, BUT - stay on this path: keep researching, stay patient and you should have success. This is not a race, let nature take it's course.

Best of luck, and I look forward to conversating with you on here, and seeing your progress!

• Like 1

That sounds amazing💖 You are Starting your own planted freshwater tank must be exciting. It is clear that you have had a interest in animals when you were little. Loving for living things and doing complete research shows a genuine concern for their welfare.👏