Whitecloud09's 20g long aquarium journal

Posted (edited)
On 7/30/2024 at 4:10 PM, Tony s said:

right around there anyway. as long as it's not above that, you're good. Yea! on the pandas. They're so much fun to watch

Yeah same thoughts. But I was just checking seeing if I was color blind 🤣🤣🤣

thanks man.

Edited by Whitecloud09
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Guess what? I GOT FISH!!!!!!!! They came early, perfectly healthy I believe, and active. Acclimated them for 15 mins, then put them in a container and added some water from the tank every 15 mins twice. About 50% of their bags water, and then netted them out and added them! Pics. Light is off, bcs I don’t wanna stress them. Tomorrow I will post lights on pics! @Tony s, my dream has come true 😄. 4 were hangin out together in one corner, and one was exploring around, and the last one was hanging out by the sponge filter. I am so happy!
Btw they are panda corys if no one knew that is reading this for the first time.

They are very small, about maybe one inch, ma6be a lil less. But they’ll grow.

87A5670A-5116-465B-A87A-FA63D4FB9ACC.jpeg

791CA33F-D65D-49C7-8298-7E468337731B.jpeg

89BFC5DB-74D2-41BE-A7F1-4F08BD1C22C2.jpeg

55F68376-D031-43F8-8971-0C245542D4B0.jpeg

EBDBEF21-ABCE-4D47-8F41-7E76E3F0D132.jpeg

Edited by Whitecloud09
Added info
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Posted (edited)
On 8/1/2024 at 12:36 AM, EricksonAquatics said:

Yay!! They look awesome!

Where’d you end up getting them from?

@Guppysnail, idk if we are supposed to mention this company, since they sell plants now i think, and remembering that Cory said we do not support them anymore. I am not sure. But @EricksonAquatics, thx! Got them from Aquahuna. 

I can delete the message if so @Guppysnail

Edited by Whitecloud09
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/1/2024 at 1:23 PM, Tony s said:

It should still be okay for now. but water changes never hurt anything anyway

Ok thanks. So how large of a change? Maybe 25%? Like 3-4 gallons? 2? Sorry, kinda a exact person your dealing with 🤣🤣🤣. If ammonia gets above .25 should I do one? Thanks again @Tony s

On 8/1/2024 at 1:28 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Maybe 25%? Like 3-4 gallons?

That would work fine. Ammonia above .25 is a definite one. around 50%

then give it a couple of weeks there and you can add more pandas😄

On 8/1/2024 at 1:33 PM, Tony s said:

That would work fine. Ammonia above .25 is a definite one. around 50%

then give it a couple of weeks there and you can add more pandas😄

Thanks! Your so helpful! Thank you for all the help, prob wouldn’t have this tank if it wasn’t for you and helping me in this hobby! Can’t exhaust that enough!
k, wc if above .25, and heck, if it IS .25 I’ll do one. Then eventually after like 3 weeks add maybe 4 more pandas!

• Love 1

I still have no idea why you fight ammonia like that. I never have to. Could easily be something they out in your water. Whereas mine comes straight from the ground, with its own issues.🤔

And I like to help. My wife and I have partially raised 30 kids, because they needed the help. Then adopted our daughter.  Being helpful is one of my favorite things. I like to see people learn and grow. Should have been a teacher, but too much social anxiety

• Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 1:39 PM, Tony s said:

I still have no idea why you fight ammonia like that. I never have to. Could easily be something they out in your water. Whereas mine comes straight from the ground, with its own issues.🤔

And I like to help. My wife and I have partially raised 30 kids, because they needed the help. Then adopted our daughter.  Being helpful is one of my favorite things. I like to see people learn and grow. Should have been a teacher, but too much social anxiety

That is great!

Ik right? The water here is just a flat out mess. Idk why it is like this. Hmmm….

So I “attempted” a wc earlier but guess what? My siphon got extremely clogged from last wc for my 10g. So I couldn’t use it 😕. I think I might go to petsmart tomorrow and see if I can get one, some food for my pandas, and 2 nerite snails OR maybe shrimp??? But we are not here to discuss about the 10g right now. So, they didn’t eat when I put a few Micro pellets in front of them, or a algae wafer which yes ik they aren’t really algae eaters. @Tony s, they are trieng to eat a root tab which came out of the sand by accident, is this ok? Thanks! Also, when do think I should feed them, and what. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 3:56 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

algae wafer which yes ik they aren’t really algae eaters.

I feed them algae wafers all the time. Not really a bunch of algae in there. First ingredient is fish meal. seaweed is number 6. all by percent of composition

from hikari...

Fish meal, wheat flour, wheat germ meal, cassava starch, dried bakery product, dried seaweed meal, dehydrated alfalfa meal, alfalfa nutrient concentrate dehydrated, brewers dried yeast, soybean meal, fish oil, krill meal, spirulina, garlic, DL-methionine, chlorella, astaxanthin, vitamins (including stabilized vitamin C) and minerals

I find it interesting they use dried bakery product. So do I, when making feed. Dried bakery product is bread, pizza dough, candy, pasta, coffee. Anything that's made for human consumption and is expired, leftover, or going to expire. Dried down and then ground up. And reformulated to hit the same nutrient specs every time.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 4:10 PM, Tony s said:

I feed them algae wafers all the time. Not really a bunch of algae in there. First ingredient is fish meal. seaweed is number 6. all by percent of composition

from hikari...

Fish meal, wheat flour, wheat germ meal, cassava starch, dried bakery product, dried seaweed meal, dehydrated alfalfa meal, alfalfa nutrient concentrate dehydrated, brewers dried yeast, soybean meal, fish oil, krill meal, spirulina, garlic, DL-methionine, chlorella, astaxanthin, vitamins (including stabilized vitamin C) and minerals

I find it interesting they use dried bakery product. So do I, when making feed. Dried bakery product is bread, pizza dough, candy, pasta, coffee. Anything that's made for human consumption and is expired, leftover, or going to expire. Dried down and then ground up. And reformulated to hit the same nutrient specs every time.

Yes I use the same brand! The minis, so I guess they are kinda shy, that is why they are not eating, right? @Tony s

• Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 3:56 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

they are trieng to eat a root tab which came out of the sand by accident, is this ok

They're exploring their new home. I don't believe it will do anything to them. Algae wafers are fine, not actually a lot of difference between them and carnivore pellets. When is up to your schedule. Mine are usually just once. but twice works well.

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2024 at 4:16 PM, Tony s said:

They're exploring their new home. I don't believe it will do anything to them. Algae wafers are fine, not actually a lot of difference between them and carnivore pellets. When is up to your schedule. Mine are usually just once. but twice works well.

Thanks! Yes once. That is what my schedule is for my WCMMs. Ok, that’s good, @Tony s.

• Like 1

I am sick at the moment 😭 sadly so I have not tested water parameters today. BUT I did do a wc earlier with my NEW siphon from petsmart that is fit for 10-20 gallons! Haha, fun fact I was using one that I had for my 5g that was meant for 1-5gs…… ya ik right. 

So this one can pump in 5 gallons in about 12-15 mins which is crazy. So I did a 20% change or so (5gs) and cleaned some algae. They are thriving, except they won’t eat the carnivore pellets I put in, so I had to remove it. But they are exploring the aquarium I guess for now.

I was thinking of some rock, elephant rock or dragon stone maybe? Idk anything about rocks so any help is appreciated. 
They are doing well, hopefully I will feel up to testing parameters tomorrow. Reason I didn’t, was cause I did the wc first then got wore out quick (cause I am sick) and didn’t feel like testing. I have one pic of the tank and the corys here. Maybe I might add a few more plants in the future, but now, is keep ammonia low, and help the corys to have a good life in this tank. Thank you who are reading this for…l well reading it 😄

Pics below. Added sonics (my betta fish RIP) cave to the tank for mainly memory and a hide for my corys. Should I change it? Thanks 
-Whitecloud09 20g aquarium update. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg