crawly things should I be concerned

Razberry910

Do they move around with the point end leading the way, sort of testing and probing where to go, with the point end changing length and shape, like reaching out and drawing back as it goes? If that's a good description, then yes to leeches. Not all are terribly bad for tanks, but the fact you have that number in just one part does suggest a population boom, and you don't want that. Short of tearing the tank down and discarding all the substrate and mulm and starting fresh and clean, I don't know how to get rid of that many. I wonder if something like No Planaria would work on leeches. Do you have snails or shrimps in the tank, or any other desirable inverts?

On 2/29/2024 at 3:24 PM, TOtrees said:

Do they move around with the point end leading the way, sort of testing and probing where to go, with the point end changing length and shape, like reaching out and drawing back as it goes? If that's a good description, then yes to leeches. Not all are terribly bad for tanks, but the fact you have that number in just one part does suggest a population boom, and you don't want that. Short of tearing the tank down and discarding all the substrate and mulm and starting fresh and clean, I don't know how to get rid of that many. I wonder if something like No Planaria would work on leeches. Do you have snails or shrimps in the tank, or any other desirable inverts?

Yes, snails and shrimp.