Best tank stand?

NickD

I know this one is too big for you but you can look into their other sizes. I have a 20g tall on top and a 10g on the bottom shelf. (A 20g Long would fit it, too). This unit is extremely sturdy. Matter of fact, I had the same one for a 40g Uromastyx Terrarium. It does not budge. It does not need to be fastened to the wall. Just build it, choose the shelf height, and set up your tanks.

❤️Rosi 

ZOMOFEW Metal Aquarium Stand, 20 Gallon Fish Tank Stand, Double-Layer Detachable Design, Easy To Assemble,Suitable for Home Fish Tank, Landscape Fish Tank And Oceanarium(Tank not included) https://a.co/d/1Noq9Qf

Edited by Rosi

On 2/11/2024 at 2:34 PM, Galabar said:

I was going to say there's not such thing a quality stand considering it's all pressed board. 

But that's actually really nice and has really good weight tolerance (OP you need whatever to hold about 250lbs). The two 10s can go on top lengthwise or all three on top if facing on it width.

The only part that would bother me is putting a tank on an adjustable shelf, but if it's only a five, that would work.

I've been looking for something for a 75 gallon that is wife acceptable and not too tall and wishing I could find the "cheap" stands from 30 years ago that I would of passed over then.

Edited by Lonkley

I've used these before:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SZ5ERV0/?th=1

Just note the top shelf is made for a standard rimmed tank - there are pegs that go under the rim to keep it from sliding off. Servicing the bottom tanks can be a little tricky but it's doable, especially if you leave the decorative front board off. 

I also cut a piece of plywood, painted it black, and used it to evenly distribute weight on the bottom shelf. I had these tanks up for over a year before I transferred them to my 100g - no issues, just had to level them:

image.png.f2e2ee9e21d500fa6929693a2579ec1c.png