Favorite Christmas Movies

JE47

As we have entered the month of December and all the Holiday classics play on the TV I was wondering what is everyone's favorite Christmas movie and why?

For me it is the Polar Express as long as I can remember my family has always gotten our tree the weekend right after thanksgiving. Once we decorated the tree at night we would light it up have hot chocolate and watch this movie. It will forever remind me of my family and is a tradition I would hope to carry on with my family.

I do enjoy Home Alone though for the comedic side and because I love the music!

• Love 1

A Christmas Story is my favorite.  Hubby and I watch it and the sequels every year. I make finger foods and we snuggle in for the marathon. 

I also must admit to being a senior citizen child at heart. We still watch the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas cartoon (1966) 

I still enjoy the old stop motion animation Rudolf and Frosty etc.  Of those The Year without a Santa Claus (1974) is my favorite. 
Hubby is always cold and I’m always hot. We giggle each year over us being the Miser brothers 🤣

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Lets hear it for Senior Citizen Children at Heart!

A Mammoth Christmas.   Prancer: "My family raised me to be kind to strangers, and there is nobody stranger than you guys!"  Sid is so ugly he's cute, but the cameo appearances by Scrat make it for me.

• Love 2

Yesterday I watched Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964) for the first time.  I like these movies for the old "technology".   SCCM will never be a favorite, but what's not to like about: a world that has achieved interplanetary travel using:  knife switches, airlocks with door knobs, crazy space helmets, and campy dialogue, makeup and costumes.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are so many to choose from. This year, and for the last few years, my favorite Christmas movie is the 1944 musical 'Meet Me In St. Louis'.

Judy Garland is at her best in this classic, but my favorite character in the show is Tootie, played by the great child actress Margaret O'Brien. If you haven't seen this one you are missing out.

Edited by DaveO
  • Like 2

My must watch Christmas movies are, Christmas Vacation, A Christmas story, Home Alone 1 and 2. I added 2 new movies last year and they are, 8 bit Christmas, I highly recommend it, especially if you grew up in the 80's! The second movie is A Christmas Story Christmas, if you love Christmas Story this is a must watch, it's the original Ralphie as a father going back home for Christmas! 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2023 at 9:20 AM, Allen said:

My must watch Christmas movies are, Christmas Vacation, A Christmas story, Home Alone 1 and 2. I added 2 new movies last year and they are, 8 bit Christmas, I highly recommend it, especially if you grew up in the 80's! The second movie is A Christmas Story Christmas, if you love Christmas Story this is a must watch, it's the original Ralphie as a father going back home for Christmas! 

does anyone shoot their eye out, or stick their tongue on a frozen flag pole?

• Haha 2