Apisto white bulge coming out from under scale

Goshfush

Hello @Colu thanks for your reply and sorry for the late reply and lack of information I was in such a rush when I wrote this! The GH is 7, PH is around 7.2 and am. 0 ni: 0 and Na: 10 The tank is 125 litres which I think is around 30 gallons. The KH I haven’t tested for a while but we have pretty soft water last time I checked around 3. The Oto is eating and acting completely normal but the white thing is the same. I did put some broad spectrum remody in the tank which is malachite green based. It’s not getting worse or better. One thing I noticed is that one of my otocinclus has very pitted nostrils lately (photo added). The others are fine. A very nice big fat 3 year old Kuhli loach died suddenly too so it’s a bit mysterious…IMG_0096.jpeg.e8385d9df4eaed9e8d2c65af83c4846d.jpeg

It's possible the khuli loach dieing was a coincidence it's possible something else is going on with your tank the lump on the apisto being small it could the start a cancerous growth or a benign growth I couldn't rule out a bacterial component Otto's I have very little experience   am going to tag @xc10446@xXInkedPhoenixXhas lots of experience with Otto's to see  is something that they have come across accidentally tagged x10446 i would suggest getting holed of maracyn2 or kanaplex just in case you need to treat if your in Europe I would get holed of Sera Baktopur direct tables not to be confused with Sera Baktopur has a different active ingredient 

Edited by Colu

By no means an expert, but it looks a bit like "bacterial nodules" that I've seen on discus.  Looks almost like a zit?  Typically it goes away with water changes.

But it's tough to tell, that looks a bit raised, so it's possible it's got something going on under the skin that's swelling up.

Thank you all so much for your answers!  @Colu @xXInkedPhoenixX @jwcarlson @nabokovfan87 I’ve been keeping an eye it’s not getting worse or better car this stage though I did see some stuff get bigger, come out of it and now it’s like it was in the picture again. I’m in Australia and getting good meds here is very hard. I did manage to get my hands on a lil bit of Kanamycin should I use it in the water? I’ll start doing more regular water changes for a bit I’ve been doing fortnightly but I can do weekly would it help? Thanks for easing my mind about the otos too!!!!

On 11/30/2023 at 12:04 AM, Goshfush said:

Thank you all so much for your answers!  @Colu @xXInkedPhoenixX @jwcarlson @nabokovfan87 I’ve been keeping an eye it’s not getting worse or better car this stage though I did see some stuff get bigger, come out of it and now it’s like it was in the picture again. I’m in Australia and getting good meds here is very hard. I did manage to get my hands on a lil bit of Kanamycin should I use it in the water? I’ll start doing more regular water changes for a bit I’ve been doing fortnightly but I can do weekly would it help? Thanks for easing my mind about the otos too!!!!

I would dose the tank with kanamycin I wouldn't add it to food as it poorly absorbed by the gut so very little of medication will make it into the blood stream 

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1