clamps for 3/16 hose ?

anewbie

I can't seem to find a good clamp for a 3/16 inch water hose. Basically i have tubing connected to a 3/16 barb which goes to a dripper and i'd like to put a clamp on it to ensure it doesn't slip off - the sort of nasty hoops that can make a giant mess. Just can't find anything that small... any suggestion (I suppose I could use a twistie and cross my fingers).

On 10/3/2023 at 5:23 PM, Biotope Biologist said:

Go to a car store. Ask for vacuum hose clamps.

Unfortunately they are the annoying ones that need pliers or really strong fingers, but they are rated for high pressure oil hosing for car, bit overkill for aquarium use, but they’ll do

IMG_3923.jpeg.9b662dfe79bdf7700a2fd09a48b5879f.jpeg

My concern with those is they won't fit - most reviews on amazon note they don't quite fit the really small tubes. I need something around 3/16 to 1/4 (OD); and these seem slightly larger.

On 10/4/2023 at 5:06 AM, anewbie said:

My concern with those is they won't fit - most reviews on amazon note they don't quite fit the really small tubes. I need something around 3/16 to 1/4 (OD); and these seem slightly larger.

They have different sizes. Before I upgraded my air intake computer on my 90’s car I needed 6- 1/8” hose clamps. And my fittings were not barbed.

I went to Oreilly’s. They seem to be the most consistent out of all the car stores. Autozone is really hit or miss. I wish you luck, otherwise they do make screw gear hose clamps that go that small but they need to be ordered. Hardware stores rarely carry them. 

Unless you are lucky enough to still have a mom and pop hardware store nearby

Edited by Biotope Biologist