Show us your fry 🙏

Guppysnail

IMG_5186.jpeg.73463b4a27766f20bc3a5a4259a866bd.jpeg

😬😬😬. Life has been wild as we opened a new restaurant to the public on Friday. I noticed dad was sitting on a clutch of eggs, but I figured he’d kick them like last time or I’d pull the clutch on maintenance day. Put my phone flashlight in the cave today to reveal a bunch of little fry. Uh oh 😬😬😬

• Love 3

On 11/13/2023 at 4:30 PM, Guppysnail said:

@anewbie your photos are so good and clear. They are awesome. I love the jewelers Ken’s angels. 

Ken?

Those were my babies ! 1/2 were gold and 1/2 were black - mom was a platinum and daddy was a wonderful black. I rescued that poor black when it was a wee wee near death and he was such a darling.

• Love 1

On 11/13/2023 at 5:38 PM, anewbie said:

Ken?

Those were my babies ! 1/2 were gold and 1/2 were black - mom was a platinum and daddy was a wonderful black. I rescued that poor black when it was a wee wee near death and he was such a darling.

I think @Guppysnail had a typo and was trying to say "jeweler's lens". Did you take that photo through a loupe? It looks like it. If not, what were you using?

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2023 at 5:38 PM, anewbie said:

Ken?

Kens= typo. Meant jewelry lens thing magnifying thing. 

On 11/13/2023 at 4:44 PM, Rube_Goldfish said:

I think @Guppysnail had a typo and was trying to say "jeweler's lens". Did you take that photo through a loupe? It looks like it. If not, what were you using?

Took it with this cheapo $5 thingy:

I think it is like 4x but the part circled in blue is higher mag - either 6 or 8x - it isn't that great. I have a $200 20 year old high quality loop sitting in a box somewhere from my photography days; well $200 20 years ago - that thing is optically fantastic with extreme clarity. Probably should re-purpose it after all i dont' even have an analog camera any longer (it was mostly used to examine minor details in slides and negatives and to need very low distortion to enable detection of lens flaws.

ll.jpg.98f5054b81eaa1147419bb3121489728.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 9:08 PM, JE47 said:

Yay mystery fry!😍 Let us know when you discover what kind of fish they are.

We found a few more fry, for a total of 12 so far. Some are black (pygmy cory), some are white (ricefish). I thing we have representatives from both species!

These are our first egg-laid fry!!!

Edited by HelplessNewbie
  • Love 1