Fluval Aquasky 2.0 Settings

I noticed there is a topic for fluval planted 3.0 settings. I snagged a fluval aquasky 2.0 for like 50$, so I got it. I love the features and the PAR lighting on my plants. Just wanted to share my daylight settings for those that might have this light. It has a cool morning, 5.5 hours of full sun to feed my plants, and  a warm sunset. I have been using this for my 30g foe almost 2 months, and getting great growth on all my plants. 

Screenshot_20201108-150338_FluvalSmart.jpg

Screenshot_20201108-150329_FluvalSmart.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just now, Streetwise said:

Awesome @StaceyTNBCkicker! Hopefully other folks will follow your lead and post both the graph and the schedule grid.

I am new to planted tanks, but have had an above water green thumb for years. Just using what nature has perfected and crafting it into my little ecosystem. I think I have labeled my plants correctly, most came without labels, lol. I've ordered some red to make it more natural. I'm going to have more plants then fish soon. Better for both of them. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2020 at 2:08 PM, StaceyTNBCkicker said:

I noticed there is a topic for fluval planted 3.0 settings. I snagged a fluval aquasky 2.0 for like 50$, so I got it. I love the features and the PAR lighting on my plants. Just wanted to share my daylight settings for those that might have this light. It has a cool morning, 5.5 hours of full sun to feed my plants, and  a warm sunset. I have been using this for my 30g foe almost 2 months, and getting great growth on all my plants. 

Screenshot_20201108-150338_FluvalSmart.jpg

Screenshot_20201108-150329_FluvalSmart.jpg

Should I cut each of these down by a third for a 10 gallon?

• 4 months later...

Hey all! I just set my tank with this schedule so we’ll see how it goes! 

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I currently have a 60 gal tank with minimal plants, but I’m going to completely renovate it theirs week as I’m getting a ton of plants to put in there. I’ll keep these settings and see how things go, just making sure this is still working well!

Also, if I wanted to add in a siesta time, how would you recommend scheduling that?

• 2 months later...

I also have the Fluval Aquasky. Mine is on a fresh 20 g setup that I am getting ready.

I am only running mine at 85% at the moment. Been gradually turning it up a tick every few days.

Don't ask me why I'm doing this because I have no valid reason. LOL

I love the light though.

I will post my settings when I decide where I am going to leave it. So far my plants are showing growth, so that's a good sign.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all. New to forum. Kept fish for 26 years now. Mainly Africans. Recently moved to smaller, less agro fish types! Just thought I'd share my Aquasky 2.0 settings on a 65 litre (18g) guppy tank project. Tank has been cycled fully for a week, but only 2 Peppered Corys currently reside. 

Low tech with daily carbon, and weekly ferts. Fluval C2 HOB, layered substrate - Volcanic soil, then aqua lava then gravel with Ambulia, Microsorum, Ozelot Sword daughter plants from my Tetra tank and Wysteria. 

Getting smashing growth on Ambulia and Wysteria, and the Swords are sending out new runners already. I started with gradual sunrise, then full spectrum, then warm sunset for a total of 13 hours on the Aquasky, but the Ambulia and Wysteria started turning brown. Scaled back to the attached settings and browning has ceased and growth taking over, so I found my sweet spot. Ambulia and Wysteria are sending out aerial roots from the nodes and will be trimmed and replanted in the next few days. 

Screenshot_2021-08-19-21-23-51-32_3ffab68755ab212909856fdd5d93ae3d.jpg

Screenshot_2021-08-19-21-23-59-60_3ffab68755ab212909856fdd5d93ae3d.jpg

16293732426444413472803702503124.jpg

Edited by exatekk

• 1 year later...

Screenshot_20221230-045549_FluvalSmart.jpg.c39bbed46ace9c8aeef897ac6accf14b.jpg

On 12/28/2022 at 6:05 AM, FLFishChik said:

I know this thread is a couple years old, but I just got this light for Christmas for my 29g. I’ve been scouring the internet for what I should set it on (I’m a newbie to lights that aren’t part of a tank kit) and am super excited to try this!!! Thank you for sharing

Just as a starting point here is my 40b settings. You may want to adjust up the white a bit for your taller tank. Start and end times you can adjust depending on your preferred viewing time.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...