Huston, we have a problem. (The story of an accidental angel spawn)🤪😍🥸

Ken Burke

On 4/2/2023 at 4:25 PM, Cmike15 said:

So many little ones! Do you have plans for them and how long for them to grow out?

They’re getting to be big compared to the little specks they were! 

I’m planning on selling the to the LFS.  Just waiting for them to color up. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2023 at 9:28 PM, Ken Burke said:

IMG_0753.jpeg.a00a414be25dae205cf1082cf3e7f437.jpeg

Well I think they are finally big enough to sell. Trying to work up the courage to sell them on-line. 

IMG_0751.jpeg

IMG_0752.jpeg

When small I’ve read they ship better.
I’d recommend either shipping to people you know or opt for the insurance for a few dollars. It’s sometimes included with tracking but it can clear up problems if you start shipping often. At least a tracking number to know it reached the destination. 

I’m planning on bringing my summer tub fish extras, if any, to a fish club auction near me. Best of luck and I like seeing your journey with the Angels. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/25/2023 at 3:28 AM, Ken Burke said:

Well I think they are finally big enough to sell. Trying to work up the courage to s

It’s been a pleasure following this journey…though you might want to play safe and sell them to an LFS or at a fish club auction, seeing how bad supply chains are these days. 

• Thanks 2

This is so great. Can you tell me what you fed in the beginning and if you had to change water frequently? I have an accidental spawn (i typically remove the eggs) and I have frozen brine and frozen daphnia on hand. I also have flake in the freezer. I would rather not hatch baby brine if I can avoid it. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2023 at 9:14 AM, Nikki said:

This is so great. Can you tell me what you fed in the beginning and if you had to change water frequently? I have an accidental spawn (i typically remove the eggs) and I have frozen brine and frozen daphnia on hand. I also have flake in the freezer. I would rather not hatch baby brine if I can avoid it. 

I feed mostly aquarium co-op Easy Fry food with frozen bbs, at least for the first bit.  As the I started mixing in some of the larger fry foods, then Extreme nano pellets. And after, say, a month, I started mixing in flake. For the flake, I rubbed it between my thumb and index finger until it was a powder.  They are are on straight flake now and hungrier than a boys football team after practice. Feeding time sounds like a slightly louder version of rice crispys. 

• Like 1