How many Neon Tetras in a 55 gallon planted tank?

JenTheDroid

There was a video a I watched awhile ago where Cory suggested a Neon Tetra only tank. For the life of me I can't find that video now, but I originally wanted a Neon Tetra only tank but let someone else persuade me to get bigger fish. (It was my husband). He saw some Neon Tetras the other day and really likes them so I'm wanting what I originally wanted. 

I have a 55 gallon. I'm currently running 2 sponge filters. I have 4 Amazon Swords. I also have floating plants. I have 3 Ottos also. 

I have 30 neons in a 55 currently, along with 20 zebra danios and 5-6 small to medium gouramis.  My tank is lighty planted (pothos plants are your friend) I run soley one large Sponge filter. I am cofident I could double the number of neons without issue and if i had the money I would. The tank does not look full. Like has been said its all about the water changes you are willing to do. I do about 30% a week.

I would go ATLEAST 100 honestly. They have such a low bioload I don’t think maintenance will be that cumbersome.
Even more would look SICK. As a few mentioned above: Get as many as you can afford. I was going to do one myself in my 75 and had planned to put at least 200 in there. I ditched the idea though when the idea of moving soon and having to capture all of them turned me off lol.