Goldfish diet

Hally M.

I’m new to keeping goldfish and I wanted to ask how do you tell if they’re getting enough food. I have 6 in a 120 and I heard it’s common for them to always beg. How do I tell wether or not they’re being over fed or they’re  truly still hungry?

On 12/8/2022 at 10:50 PM, Hally M. said:

I’m new to keeping goldfish and I wanted to ask how do you tell if they’re getting enough food. I have 6 in a 120 and I heard it’s common for them to always beg. How do I tell wether or not they’re being over fed or they’re  truly still hungry?

I have 8 goldfish in two tanks.. I am trying to get them to grow a TON and show me the absolute best color so I generally feed pretty frequently (more frequently than I’ve seen some forums recommend). I have had some great success though and I feed usually atleast twice daily.. sometimes more if I think they look cute 😂

But overall, I feed twice daily and mix it up on their foods. A few different brands of pellets, frozen foods like brine and bloodworms, repashy gold etc. I don’t usually feed flakes because they generally don’t go for it. Warning on the repashy gold: if they don’t eat it immediately it is a MESS in the water.

My goldies are fat and happy! Disregard the green tint in one of the pics, it was before I did an algae overhaul 😜

52832751-3C39-4CB9-BCA8-035D73C1FC7C.jpeg

1688D21E-0F4F-4674-A653-82B7E72A4AF3.jpeg

AAAE243C-DFD5-47EC-A974-9B2A5D7A08E2.jpeg

02B58CCF-BB31-4D84-9231-A1C4802B65F4.jpeg

• Love 1