New Gorgeous Bolivian Ram Pair

Garciac14

First of all hi 

this are my first gorgeous pair of bolivian rams and they are my first fish i order online .

they came in yesterday .I got them from aqua huna and they seem to be doing good so far .They did eat already .they do still seem a bit stress cause they sometimes glass surf for a little bit . But so far so good and so far I’m satisfied.

they are so gorgeous 😱😱😱

im just hoping to get an opinion from previous owners of rams or someone a bit more experience then me on how they look since I’ve never had rams before .

also hoping on some suggestions on keeping them healthy and happy .

Thanks I’m advance .

DD7E934C-447C-48A6-BD56-CFC91E1234D2.jpeg

B0A2EB36-4BDA-4F59-9E6C-B7255C76EC0A.jpeg

8C636848-0387-4C9F-B6AE-AA40BBF71263.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

They look really great! Took mine time to settle in but I got mine from another fishkeeper who was shutting down the aquarium he was in. Clean water, good food and no stress. I'd watch how they interact with each other as that can get bumpy once they settle in. If they pair up- then you'll likely have no issues unless they spawn- if there are any other fish in the tank they can get territorial. Mine is solo and he does great and is good to his tankmates. Welcome to the wonderful world of Bolivian Rams! And welcome to the forum!

Punk Oct 13 22.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/22/2022 at 10:01 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

They look really great! Took mine time to settle in but I got mine from another fishkeeper who was shutting down the aquarium he was in. Clean water, good food and no stress. I'd watch how they interact with each other as that can get bumpy once they settle in. If they pair up- then you'll likely have no issues unless they spawn- if there are any other fish in the tank they can get territorial. Mine is solo and he does great and is good to his tankmates. Welcome to the wonderful world of Bolivian Rams! And welcome to the forum!

Punk Oct 13 22.jpg

Thanks so much .your rams are beautiful to ..I was so skeptical but curious to order fish online but I definitely don’t regret it ☺️they are amazing and they seem to be doing great .thanks for the advice.

On 10/22/2022 at 10:16 PM, drvmz said:

I love Bolivians. I keep 3 in a community tank and I’ve grown to really love them. Very under appreciated fish I feel. Hope you enjoy!

I agree so much …so under appreciated they are amazing 😱

I forgot not sure if some one can tell already if their male or female ??

After sticking together for the first days 

each took a different place in the tank

and each are starting to I guess u can say “mark their territory” 😂

Also one is bigger so not sure if it’s the size 🤷‍♂️ 

Congratulations! As a breeder shipping out German Blue Rams tomorrow, I'm happy to hear that your fish arrived alive and that you're thrilled. Honestly, shipping fish, that is all I could ever want to hear.

To bring out the best in them, I suspect that you need to figure out an excellent diet. Although a lot of people feed them, I dislike feeding Rams blood worms. In my view, they often breakdown on a heavy diet of them. I like Daphnia, live Baby Brine Shrimp, Mysis, finely chopped up Krill, Bug Bites . . . even Hikarki Herring eggs! 

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2022 at 10:08 PM, Fish Folk said:

Congratulations! As a breeder shipping out German Blue Rams tomorrow, I'm happy to hear that your fish arrived alive and that you're thrilled. Honestly, shipping fish, that is all I could ever want to hear.

To bring out the best in them, I suspect that you need to figure out an excellent diet. Although a lot of people feed them, I dislike feeding Rams blood worms. In my view, they often breakdown on a heavy diet of them. I like Daphnia, live Baby Brine Shrimp, Mysis, finely chopped up Krill, Bug Bites . . . even Hikarki Herring eggs! 

Thanks for the advice .I’m definitely trying some of your suggestions for food .

I was so scared ordering online.But so far so good 😊 their q bit shy 

one of them window surfs from time to time I’m not sure if it’s normal behavior?

also anyway u can tell their sex already ?I forgot to ask .

And thanks again!!

Very beautiful. I’m looking forward to following your journey  welcome  

I just got mine this past week. Two did not make it. Shipping temp fell due to defective heat pack. One seems ok. He chose the name Penelope before coloring up and before I realized it was actually a boy🤣

335D33BE-B893-4006-A4A1-5736C66A5D84.jpeg

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...