Odd duck Members Interview!

FishPlanet

@Odd Duck, you are being interviewed.

1.) Favourite fish?

2.) Least favourite fish?

3.) Favourite fish YouTuber?

4.) Favourite non-fish YouTuber?

5.) Favourite food?

6.) What fish would you like to be the most?

7.) What was your scariest moment?

8.) What country do you want to visit the most?

9.) Cats or dogs?

10) Describe yourself in 3 words.

11) Pancakes or Waffles?

12) What is your favorite song?

13) What do you dislike most about the aquarium hobby, and why?

14) What is your favorite TV show?

15) What is your greatest fear?

16) What is or was your favorite subject in school, and why?

17) Do you keep live aquarium plants? If so, what types?

18) Do you love or hate pest snails?

19) Do you enjoy gardening?

20) What do you love most about the aquarium hobby?

21) What was the biggest mistake you've made so far in the hobby, and what has it taught you?

22) Burgers or Pizza?

23) What is your favorite aquatic animal?

24) What is your dream tank or something you want to accomplish in this hobby?

25) Favorite candy?

26) What is your favorite book?

27) What other things do you do for fun outside of the hobby?

Others may also ask questions if they wish. 😊

• Like 2

@FishPlanet

1.) Favourite fish?  This is really tough because I’ve kept so many over the years.  Right now, I’d have to say my gold nugget pleco.

2.) Least favourite fish? Anything so distorted by breeding that it’s quality of life is compromised.

3.) Favourite fish YouTuber? @Cory

4.) Favourite non-fish YouTuber? Don’t judge me, but The Hoof GP - Scottish guy that trims cow’s hoofs - it’s weirdly mesmerizing.

5.) Favourite food? Chocolate.

6.) What fish would you like to be the most? Murphy

7.) What was your scariest moment? Ever? During a car wreck when some lady freaked out from a wind gust (might have been falling asleep?) and executed a PIT maneuver on the car I was driving.  I managed to keep it reasonably controlled (didn’t roll over) and could even drive it home, no one had more than bruises in our car, not sure about other car but nothing seemed very serious.

8.) What country do you want to visit the most?  Australia

9.) Cats or dogs? Yes, please.

10) Describe yourself in 3 words. Funny, smart (usually), dedicated.

11) Pancakes or Waffles? Yes, please.

12) What is your favorite song? Too many to pick, current favorite artist - Ben Howard, group - The Hu.

13) What do you dislike most about the aquarium hobby, and why? Losing fish.  I think everybody here understands this one.

14) What is your favorite TV show? Don’t really have one currently.

15) What is your greatest fear? Making a mistake with a patient.

16) What is or was your favorite subject in school, and why?  Science, by far.  It’s fascinating in every way.

17) Do you keep live aquarium plants? If so, what types?  Yes, loads of them, not many stem plants but lots of everything else.

18) Do you love or hate pest snails?  Another, “Yes” because sometimes it’s both or depends on which tank.  Mostly they’re fine, occasionally they’re annoying.

19) Do you enjoy gardening? I did a lot before I became a mosquito magnet in my old age.  I can sit directly in the smoke from the campfire wearing repellent, and I’ll get hit before anyone around me.

20) What do you love most about the aquarium hobby? Beautiful, happy fishes.

21) What was the biggest mistake you've made so far in the hobby, and what has it taught you?  I thoroughly toasted a heater about 7-8 months ago - first one in decades.  Unplug it, ya old fool!

22) Burgers or Pizza? Pizza.

23) What is your favorite aquatic animal? Dolphin or maybe octopus.

24) What is your dream tank or something you want to accomplish in this hobby? Next big hope is breeding gold nugget plecos.

25) Favorite candy? Chocolate

26) What is your favorite book? Too many to say.

27) What other things do you do for fun outside of the hobby? Paintball, ride standup jetskis and attempt stupid human tricks, ride 4 wheelers (not 4WD, fast ones) and mostly try to avoid stupid human tricks on them, read voraciously, watch way too many assorted YouTube videos, motorized scooters (fast ones), go to the movies, and hit the gun range once in a while among other things.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

On 9/10/2022 at 8:08 PM, Odd Duck said:

Paintball, ride standup jetskis and attempt stupid human tricks, ride 4 wheelers (not 4WD, fast ones) and mostly try to avoid stupid human tricks on them

All we hear from you is "I'm old", "I'm old".  But, no!  Now we hear you are doing flips on jet skis.  Running mock combat in paintball.  And I'm guessing doing aeronautic tricks in flight-suits in the Alps too (just reading between the lines here).  I'm older than you are!  Maybe not in years, but certainly in attitude.  Suspect I always have been too.  I'm not buying any more of that "I'm old" garbage from you!  🤣  I do look forward to hearing about your next skydiving adventure though.  😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/11/2022 at 9:25 AM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

All we hear from you is "I'm old", "I'm old".  But, no!  Now we hear you are doing flips on jet skis.  Running mock combat in paintball.  And I'm guessing doing aeronautic tricks in flight-suits in the Alps too (just reading between the lines here).  I'm older than you are!  Maybe not in years, but certainly in attitude.  Suspect I always have been too.  I'm not buying any more of that "I'm old" garbage from you!  🤣  I do look forward to hearing about your next skydiving adventure though.  😎

I am old!  I turned 60 in June.  My hubby is the adventurous one and he drags me along to stuff until I’m addicted.  😆 Part of why I complain about being old is the results of decades of doing stupid human tricks on jetskis or 4 wheelers, sometimes on purpose, sometimes by accident.  No jetski flips for me, though, just “normal” jumps, 180 nose stabs, and a few flat water tricks (very few 😆).  And “run” is a generous term for how I play paintball.  😂 

My knees have gone past popping to grinding, my shoulders will never be the same, my left ankle complains regularly, my left foot arthritis is shouting at me by the time we get done playing paintball, and I have a permanent dent across the muscle of my right thigh from coming loose from my jetski when trying “one last jump” of the day and landing across the handlebars.  🤦🏻‍♀️ 🤷🏻‍♀️ Got some good height on that jump but didn’t get it turned all the way around and was too tired to keep my feet locked into the footwells, hence the fall onto the handlebars.

I’m not jumping out of a perfectly good airplane but I would love to try one of those air park things where you can “fly” in a vertical wind tunnel.  😆 

• Haha 3