Anubias help

Is this an algae issue or a nutrient issue? I've been monitoring this anubias for awhile and I've seen new growth but this is an older leaf. What should I try doing differently? I'd rather solve a problem than simply remove the leaf. Any advice would be appreciated. 

20220831_192036.jpg

Hi @Its Hutch

The algae appears to be green spot algae (GSA).  When it shows up in my tanks it is usually do to insufficient available phosphorus/phosphate.  The holes appear to be physical damage, possibly a plecostomus or large snail?  Your new leave is showing a lot of chlorosis (yellowing), likely a lack of available nitrogen.  There is also some interveinal chlorosis, looks like older leaves?

Please answer as many of the questions below that you can?

What size tank is it?
What are you dosing for nutrients?
How much of each nutrient are you dosing and how often?

Do you know any of your water parameters?
pH?
dKH?
dGH?
Nitrates (ppm)?

Looking forward to whatever available information you can provide, -Roy

20220831_192036.jpg.40f6a4bc01744a60e94f61cf45d25d03.jpg.f01cdcf75851835f51ea73adc1bb9855.jpg

\

Thank you for the info already provided. I've been messing with my 75g and am working on getting it redialed in. I've added and removed plants and messed with the lighting schedule to better align with my current schedule.

It's a 75g tank. I use Easy Green and Easy Root tabs. I've been dosing Easy Green after my weekly water change but believe I have been under dosing and I think you hit the nail on the head. I've only been dosing Easy Green for the water I replaced so roughly 3 pumps a week. My Nitrates are never over 10ppm before I water change. I just like water changing and getting my hands wet. I do Easy root tabs for the Swords biweekly and the other crypts in a grid once a month. 

My PH is 7.2. I haven't tested KH and GH in over year and can't remember numbers but I am thinking it was around 9 degrees hardness for KH. Nitrates test 5ppm Multi-test strip and API freshwater master test kit.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 6:10 PM, Its Hutch said:

Thank you for the info already provided. I've been messing with my 75g and am working on getting it redialed in. I've added and removed plants and messed with the lighting schedule to better align with my current schedule.

It's a 75g tank. I use Easy Green and Easy Root tabs. I've been dosing Easy Green after my weekly water change but believe I have been under dosing and I think you hit the nail on the head. I've only been dosing Easy Green for the water I replaced so roughly 3 pumps a week. My Nitrates are never over 10ppm before I water change. I just like water changing and getting my hands wet. I do Easy root tabs for the Swords biweekly and the other crypts in a grid once a month. 

My PH is 7.2. I haven't tested KH and GH in over year and can't remember numbers but I am thinking it was around 9 degrees hardness for KH. Nitrates test 5ppm Multi-test strip and API freshwater master test kit.

Hi @Its Hutch

After you get things dialed in and nutrient dosing stabilized for one month then get back in touch if problems are still showing up.  -Roy

• Thanks 1

Yes that anubias is attached to a piece of drift wood. I also have a stack of cholla in the corner. I've got a small school of Otos (7) and 4 Panda Garra. There is also a nerite snail or three still kicking around in there. I've got a clown pleco but he is more into wood than algae. 

• Like 2