On 1/24/2024 at 1:05 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Cory had mentioned on the last live that they are working on a slightly more powerful air pump.

Yes I own a few different brands and the all work well. But the do seem to loose some power after a few months. I will still keep them all charged as backups for whenever I may loose power. I'm not sure maybe because they have built in batteries that they don't have the same size diaphragms as the the ones without and maybe that's weakening how strong the air supply is coming out. Just a thought lol

• Like 3

On 1/23/2024 at 7:31 PM, TeeJay said:

Once again TeeJay has fallen behind on his updates. Only 2 weeks tho this time.

Just been planning on how the new stand(s) are going to go and tank layouts and such. 

Sunday I went over to a fellow nerms house to see there fish room. Been wanting to get over there for awhile now. It was fun to feel out and see all the fish and how there setups are.

I e been studying on air pumps for a few days. Right now I run backup battery power pumps on all my tanks. While I like having the piece of mind of backup power I have definitely noticed they do seem to lack on powered after they are a few months old. I pulled out a couple of tetra whispers I had laying around to just to a comparison on flow. As I hooked up the tetra to each of the tanks there flow increases easily 20 to 40 percent. Sometimes even more 

So while brainstorming a out the upcoming tank stands and tak upgrades my fish friend showed me a extra pond pump he has that he never used and showed me how he setup taps to his tanks. He said why don't you do the same to the tanks in your dinning room. Since all of my tanks except the 29 are located there.

Now I know it's major overkill for the amount of tanks I have but he is giving me a great price on the pump and will help me setup the lines so this is the way I'm going to go. We are going to build in looping PVC pipe along the side of the two tank stands we are building to drop the taps from. The. It will have a bleedoff valves on each stand if I need to relive pressure from the pump. I don't think I will need to bleedoff much since I will be running at least 12lines. As well this way in the future if I ever add more ranks or need extra air for extra air stones I have the capability to do so. 

Hopefully I will get to start the stand builds in about 4 to 5 weeks.

I'm adding a pic of the air pump and the stands we will be building. As well as a few random pics. As always keep it fishy my friends.

Screenshot_20240122-151223.png

IMG_20240121_184700748_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240122_182237251.jpg

IMG_20240122_182254137.jpg

IMG_20240122_180206719.jpg

Omg is that Lemony Snicketts, you got as a youngster from @Guppysnail? Look at those whiskers!

• Love 1

Did a couple of water changes after I got home and something else. I was so tired of the tank strip light I had mounted on the wall for the emersed plants. It looked ok but tacky at the same time. Sooo I took it down and got a pendant style light and mounted it to the ceiling above the tank. As well took down the guppy road sign and hung up a picture a friend drew for me in it's place. 

Ok a side note not sure if I posted about it put the nerm that is helping me build the new tank stands will also be tanking my crew of paley corys to there fish room. I think lemony and Luna will appreciate having all of the tank floor space to themselves. As well I hope that will encourage them to breed more. But not to crazy 🤣

I'm posting 2 pics one with the guppy road sign still up and one with the picture. Tell me what you like more 

IMG_20240126_173319516_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240126_174722609_HDR.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 1/26/2024 at 8:34 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I like the one with the picture. It looks like a unique One-of-a-kind piece

Yes a friend of mine drew it for me. His take on guppies. 

• Like 2

On 2/1/2024 at 6:36 PM, Guppysnail said:

Get on that egg collecting partner in crime!!!  I want BABIES!!!! 🤗

All of my moss keeps dying of for spawning areas. I gotta come up with a different plan. I hope when they upgrade to the 20 long I can do something better to increase the odds.

Edited by TeeJay
  • Like 2

On 2/1/2024 at 6:37 PM, TeeJay said:

All of my moss keeps dying of for spawning areas. I gotta come up with a different plan. I hope when they upgrade to the 20 long I can do something better to increase the odds.

Take a food dish. Put in a layer of gravel. Make a circle of hornwort with a plant weight on top. As long as that’s the only bushy area and in the area they spawn most it works like a charm.  Moss hates me. I always use hornwort unless I just bought moss. It’s in my journal somewhere near the beginning showin how I collected CPD eggs with fish gravel and hornwort. 

• Love 1

On 2/1/2024 at 6:42 PM, Guppysnail said:

Take a food dish. Put in a layer of gravel. Make a circle of hornwort with a plant weight on top. As long as that’s the only bushy area and in the area they spawn most it works like a charm.  Moss hates me. I always use hornwort unless I just bought moss. It’s in my journal somewhere near the beginning showin how I collected CPD eggs with fish gravel and hornwort. 

So just take like 5 or 6 pieces of let's say 4-5 inch hornwort. Wrap them in a plant weight and then set that of top of a fiod dish with gravel?

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 6:44 PM, TeeJay said:

So just take like 5 or 6 pieces of let's say 4-5 inch hornwort. Wrap them in a plant weight and then set that of top of a fiod dish with gravel?

I just used 1 - 5 inch piece in a circle that covered the dish 1 layer. 

On 2/1/2024 at 7:17 PM, Guppysnail said:

I just used 1 - 5 inch piece in a circle that covered the dish 1 layer. 

Oh so you layed it around in a circle on its side more or less. Just trying to get a visual lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well been at it since 6 am getting some work done. I was able to get the 2 10 gallons that are staying set up for now over to one of the new stands and in place. I wanted to get them sealed before putting them into place. But as I love in an apartment I'm limited on space. I'll get the second one sealed before it goes into place then I can sit the 2 10 gallons on it with the 20 long while I get the second one sealed. I didn't want to double move tanks but sometimes it's the only option.

Hopefully I am get a day soon that will hit 50 degrees because I will need to seal them outside. But it's starting to 🫴 me together. I need to order a new hose for the 207 so it can be moved into the 29 from the 20 long. 

IMG_20240212_090238518_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240212_112139782.jpg

• Love 2

On 2/12/2024 at 9:12 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I see the stand, wonderful.  I am totally captivated and distracted by that chunk of rock on the co-op towel.

Ah yes that was the dragonstone mountain that was in the shrimp sanctuary tank. It was tore down today and all of the shrimp went into the 29 gallon. The mountain will be resurrected in either the new 20 for the danios or new 20 for the killifish.

• Love 2

On 2/12/2024 at 9:12 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

I see the stand, wonderful.  I am totally captivated and distracted by that chunk of rock on the co-op towel.

But did you notice any other coop products in the pictures?

On 2/13/2024 at 4:00 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

😂 There's a few!  Caves on the shelf. Ziss in the back, Pumps (I think), and the obligatory sponge filters.

Don't forget the Murphy hat on the table in the first pic.....🤫

• Thanks 1

Just dropping in with a thought. It might not be relevant bu I am personally paranoid when it comes to stands 

I'd place 4 vertical supports on eac corner simply to carry the weight of each shelf. From what I can see in the pictures, the weight is on screws where you ideally want It to be resting on something more bearing. Just an idea. Not sure if it is relevant to your stand. I'd just have peace of mind if the shelfs were resting on studs instead of being screed on 

• Like 1

Yes they are going to have extra supports before they get upgraded too 20 long tanks that will basically double the weight on each shelf. We also used deck screws that have a shear weight of 2000 pounds per screw with 3 screws in each corner. But yes they will get extra support before the larger tanks that I will be getting in a few weeks. 

• Like 2