Ok round 4 are you ready for this or what?! Next up is the 10 gallon shrimp sanctuary tank. Only thing in here is red cherry shrimp. Along with one ninja (assassin's) snail. Have never had a ramshorn issue in this tank like the rest. I forgot to mention there are also assassin's in all the other tanks so far. 

Just like the rest it has driftwood and dragonstone for all the books and crannies shrimp like to hang out in. Kind of hard to see the stone behind the gaggle of java moss hornwort and guppy grass.

Filtration is another aquatop Forza filter with 3 coop nano sponge filters. 2 are double stacked. Gravel as substrate and shrimp domes. Java fern have taken over the middle wood of the tank not that you can see it.

IMG_20231115_094646308_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 11/15/2023 at 11:16 AM, Guppysnail said:

All of your tanks are looking fantastic. 

New adventure in the guppy tank hub? Hmmm….. what ideas are rattling about in the old noodle? 

Oh I don't know lol. I would still like some chili rasboras or maybe some small tetras or a group of phantom tetras. Maybe a 6 pack of cherry barbs.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Ok last tank until this afternoon. This is a 5 gallon shrimp and snails tank. Home to a mixed group of neo shrimp and piano snails. Most are baby and juvenile snails from my piano snail colonys in other tanks. I also use it as a qt tank when getting new fish or getting fish ready to sell/regime.

It has a aquatop Forza filter along with a coop nano sponge filter. Sand substrate like in the danio/pygmy tank. Mopani wood with dragonstone. Anubias and floating hornwort and guppy grass round out the tank 

IMG_20231115_102529866~2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Ok we are down to the grand finale for the day!. Last tank is the 29 gallon. This is the home to Lemony and Luna. My pair of lemon bristlenose plecos. As well as my crew of paley Cory cats. Rounding out the fish category is least killifish. There friends are mixed neo shrimp and a pair of nerite snails. 

I just put in lemonys new xxl pleco cave. He was ready for an upgrade since is about 3/4 grown and I don't want him to break one of his long fins trying to turn around in the old triangle style cave. This one is extra spacious for romantic time 

On this setup I'm running a pair of penguin pro 125s along with 2 med coop sponge filters. For heat I have a hygger titanium with exterior thermostat. And I just now realized I forgot to mention lighting for all tanks. They are all running various sizes of hygger 24/7 lights. One day I hope to upgrade them to the coop lights.

Substrate is small gravel. Plenty of mopani for the plecos. Along with an Amazon sword and all of the floating guppy grass and hornwort you can handle. With a couple of crypts and anubias sprinkled in. 

Well that should about cover tank catch up day. We are current and up to date with all of my fishy adventures. It's been a long day. Time to feed the fish and find some good paranormal shows to watch for the 50th time. As always keep it fishy my friends.

IMG_20231115_171137581~2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/15/2023 at 5:58 PM, Guppysnail said:

Your ambition and getting caught up on your journal reminds me of how far behind I am. 🤣

Thanks for the updates. 

Well I figured the man 3 @Guppysnail @nabokovfan87 and @Chick-In-Of-TheSea have a good idea but everyone else probably has no clue as to what has been going on lol. Now don't expect another update like that until after Christmas 🤗

• Haha 4

On 11/15/2023 at 3:01 PM, TeeJay said:

have a good idea but everyone else probably has no clue as to what has been going on lol.

It feels like it's been forever.  😞

I really do appreciate the guided tour so to speak and seeing it all.  Everyone keeps their tanks so differently and it's helpful/refreshing for me to take a step back and just see the space again. 

On 11/15/2023 at 7:38 AM, TeeJay said:

Ok round 4 are you ready for this or what?!

Definitely drinking coffee near midnight, so I think this qualifies. LOL

On 11/15/2023 at 8:20 AM, TeeJay said:

Maybe a 6 pack of cherry barbs.

BARBS.

barbs.gif.6dfc08af25114e48e3ce405a10d9d3a7.gif

On 11/15/2023 at 2:38 PM, TeeJay said:

IMG_20231115_171137581~2.jpg

I think this layout is my favorite.  I like the long branch of wood across the span of the tank.  It reminds me a bit of the jungle book for some reason and I'm waiting to see a bagheera to pop out of the back of the tank and watch baloo and mowgli below being goofy together.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/16/2023 at 3:47 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Keep in mind some barbs like a big yard to run around in. Sort of like trying to keep a great Dane in a NY studio appt.

Yeah honestly they are my first choice but last choice considering the tank size. I really like the black phantom tetras. They stay a bit smaller. But I still have plenty of other small fish choices. Nothing happening to soon unless I get the itch 😆

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Morning fellow nerms. How about a little coffee with TeeJay shall we .I hope everyone has a good thanksgiving and are waking out of your turkey comas. 

Not much to report on today but I do have have a new surprise coming very soon. In about a week or so maybe less. I will have a new trio of wet friends for the 29 gal tank. Names have already been picked out. So it won't be long until Lucy, Ethel, and Ricky will make there big debut.  But what they are I cannot tell you that. Some things have to stay a surprise. Well time for work so as always keep it fishy my friends 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just made a new video of the coop easy flow uplift kit. Take a gander and see how it does. As well my two new types of fishy friends just got here. They are floating right now. So I will reveal them soon!  Also thanks to my partner in crime @Guppysnail for the upflow kit 

https://youtu.be/1LFdBLcJGNY?feature=shared

Edited by TeeJay
  • Love 1

Alright fellow nerms who is ready for some new fish! 

So up first is that new trio I talked about a couple of weeks ago. They have already been named Lucy,Ricky, and Ethel. I have been wanting them for awhile but just now have been able to get them. They will be a great addition to the 29 gallon tank. They are my new trio of honey gouramis! They are in the tank now with the lights of getting settled in. 

And the second new edition will be going into the former 10 gallon guppy tank. My friend took the rest of my guppies. They are a very new fish to me. It's a trio of fundulopanchax gardneri killifish. I know try and pronounce that name 😆 the same friend that took my guppys breeds these guys.. I think the 10 gallon for just the trio will be a nice fit. With some shrimp and snails as friends. There in there tank now with lights out for awhile to have some rest time. Updates to follow soon!

IMG_20231206_140215974.jpg

IMG_20231206_140649619_HDR~2.jpg

Edited by TeeJay
  • Love 2

That moss in the shrimp tank looks pretty perfect in the vid. Very cool thing you did @Guppysnail! as always.

The killis look great!

On 12/6/2023 at 11:45 AM, TeeJay said:

As well I forgot we need names for they new trio of killis. We need ideas nerms!

That one in the center of the photo looks so much like a rainbow version of a Greenland shark. It has a red line right where the doodle mouth would be.  Can't unsee. 😂

Screenshot_20231206-122931.png.644d1b3b7d00b541d5f7897cb10eef66.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/6/2023 at 3:30 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

That moss in the shrimp tank looks pretty perfect in the vid. Very cool thing you did @Guppysnail! as always.

The killis look great!

That one in the center of the photo looks so much like a rainbow version of a Greenland shark. It has a red line right where the doodle mouth would be.  Can't unsee. 😂

Screenshot_20231206-122931.png.644d1b3b7d00b541d5f7897cb10eef66.png

Actually there is not much moss in that tank it's mostly guppy grass and hornwort.  If it does not look like a jungle then your not doing it right 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/6/2023 at 5:02 PM, TeeJay said:

Actually there is not much moss in that tank it's mostly guppy grass and hornwort.  If it does not look like a jungle then your not doing it right 😆

In one of Irene’s aquascaping style videos, she does mention a category called jungle tanks!   And it’s literally how it sounds: let the plants do whatever.

Love those killis!

• Thanks 1