I can't decide between cory species!

Lexi B

Like many of you, i ADORE corycats. currently, I only have a small school of pygmy cories (cuties)- but about a year ago I did have a larger set up with false juliis. I'm hoping that maybe sometime this year/ early next year I can set up my 30 again. I just can't pick my preference!

The tank is going to be peaceful community, honey gouramis and corydora. I'm thinking about a small schooling fish like neons or cpd if they're suitable tank mates and the tank can support the stocking

I LOVE the cryptic patterns on juliis and their adorable black splotched fin, but pandas are also so adorable! I feel like juliis are the cool choice, fun to look at and beautiful in their own right. But the pandas just look so pinchable! I adore their simplicity and big ol spots! How do i choose?!

On 8/11/2022 at 3:12 PM, Flumpweesel said:

Well there is no wrong answer here but why not do something new since you had Juliis before.

I have so far never bought the fish I set out to get something else always distracts me. But I don't think there is a wrong cory.

I have 3 Bettas and would happily pick a 4th if granted enough space... I'm a creature of habit 😅

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 2:41 PM, Lexi B said:

I LOVE the cryptic patterns on juliis and their adorable black splotched fin, but pandas are also so adorable! I feel like juliis are the cool choice, fun to look at and beautiful in their own right. But the pandas just look so pinchable! I adore their simplicity and big ol spots! How do i choose?!

The real problem is there's SO MANY amazing corydoras.  I need like 15 tanks!  I wish you the best of luck deciding.  I think my next ones are the venezualean or the slate corydoras.

On 8/11/2022 at 5:34 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

The real problem is there's SO MANY amazing corydoras.  I need like 15 tanks!  I wish you the best of luck deciding.  I think my next ones are the venezualean or the slate corydoras.

NO! How dare you introduce me to new corycats! The venezuelans are so in your face pretty! But I love the slate cories subtle beautiful orange! My life is even harder now  

On 8/11/2022 at 7:34 PM, Lexi B said:

NO! How dare you introduce me to new corycats! The venezuelans are so in your face pretty! But I love the slate cories subtle beautiful orange! My life is even harder now  

One day.... I want to make a forest green version of the green lazer corydoras!  I think my other favorite right now is the peppered corydoras.  Especially being the subtle green. Such a unique color and not as gigantic as the emerald corydoras.

• Like 2

I’m a huge Panda fan! So much so I made a thread. 

Now Julli are gorgeous and I see the attraction the pattern is really lovely. 

The things is the bigger the group the more personality you’ll see. I’m not a big fan of mixing corys. I have some venezuelanus in with aeneus and it kind of drives me nuts but they’re so similar I’ve decided to let it slide.

If you want something pygmy size with panda like coloring hastatus are a good choice. 

This is a fun problem to have! Enjoy!

• Like 1