Least killifish adventure

On 8/14/2022 at 1:51 AM, Guppysnail said:

I got to watch the boys challenge each other in the little twist and shake dance for the first time a few days ago. It was so adorable I forgot to video it. 

This is so funny to me when I see it! They are so small but have such big personalities haha

• Love 1

Newborn just dropped by mom. Has not learned to swim yet 😍 but did by the time I came back. My oven timer was going off so I could not film the entire learning to swim process. I put some sera micron in  that’s what’s floating about  

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

On 8/21/2022 at 3:28 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Really awesome stuff 🙂   Such a unique species.

Shhhh it's a secret but I plant to get some of these little guys in a couple weeks for another new adventure. As if I don't have enough going on with the Cory,shrimp,and new baby snails adventure. I need more!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Live BBS. Morning. I love how these kids do not go into the mass feeding frenzy. They are about the calmest fish I’ve ever had. Towards the end there are some boys sparing. You can see how with my group the girls are the most colorful. 
@TeeJay good shot of juveniles in the terra cotta and adults near shrimp so you can see size. 
also there are over 25 in that 10 gallon so you see you have a loooong way to go before you would ever overstock a 29  

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/28/2022 at 8:43 AM, Guppysnail said:

Live BBS. Morning. I love how these kids do not go into the mass feeding frenzy. They are about the calmest fish I’ve ever had. Towards the end there are some boys sparing. You can see how with my group the girls are the most colorful. 
@TeeJay good shot of juveniles in the terra cotta and adults near shrimp so you can see size. 

I can't wait! They are very "peaceful" when eating. Only about a couple of weeks until the adventure really begins.

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t update this nearly often enough. My guppy grass weekly devours the tank so it’s very hard to get photos. I can say they are safe for fry. I puta panda Cory fry in I found. Looked maybe a week or two old. He is growing well and they don’t bother him. I see new babies all the time. I’m still enchanted. 

6541AAFE-1ACD-4A9B-8CB1-12D94AC1EFA9.jpeg

987667E9-B26F-4873-A992-4E4CB810C394.jpeg

BFFCCE48-D7B3-49C8-93C3-774640F1AD40.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 6:55 PM, Guppysnail said:

I’m in pa if my group overpopulates maybe I’ll have some for you if you are not to far for overnight shipping 

That would be lovely. I’ve always wanted to get fish from a fellow hobbyist, but I don’t really know anyone in the hobby even online. Judging from the local Petco, fishkeeping is pretty much nonexistent in my area. It literally must be the worst fish section in the U.S. The only independent aquarium store locally is actually 100% saltwater.

I was planning to start getting a tank ready for them after I get back from an upcoming vacation, so maybe our timelines will match up. NY here, by the way.

Also, random question, I’ve seen that there is a gold form of heterandria formosa, have you ever seen them being sold?

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 7:40 PM, OceanTruth said:

That would be lovely. I’ve always wanted to get fish from a fellow hobbyist, but I don’t really know anyone in the hobby even online. Judging from the local Petco, fishkeeping is pretty much nonexistent in my area. It literally must be the worst fish section in the U.S. The only independent aquarium store locally is actually 100% saltwater.

I was planning to start getting a tank ready for them after I get back from an upcoming vacation, so maybe our timelines will match up. NY here, by the way.

Also, random question, I’ve seen that there is a gold form of heterandria formosa, have you ever seen them being sold?

I seen them mentioned on here once. You can use the search feature to see if you can find the thread. 
Im completely smitten with the way these look so have not checked into it. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...