alge eater for 10 gallon tank

BETTA999

One fish not to get is the Chinese algae eater. Very small albino brittlenose woulld work but it would not be a permanent home. I buy they at less than 1” and grown some and then to a bigger tank as a have several that would work. 

May I ask what type of fish you have? As it can change the limited number of fish options  that would work for you

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 4:30 PM, Flumpweesel said:

What about garras or hill stream loaches both of these prefer cooler tanks but depending on the type of garra you can find you could have a couple

Hillstream loaches are also very social creatures which should be kept with several of their own kind. Probably not ideal in a 10g tank.

• Like 2

On 7/28/2022 at 7:09 PM, CorydorasEthan said:

If you were looking for a fish, the first one that comes to mind are the Otocinclus catfish.

Some many people have a hard keeping them alive. Chances are if you never heard of them they would hard to keep

• Like 3

On 7/28/2022 at 9:29 PM, Brandon p said:

Some many people have a hard keeping them alive. Chances are if you never heard of them they would hard to keep

I agree.  I wouldn't recommend otocinclus.  They're almost all wild caught, and have often suffered irreparable harm to their digestive systems before reaching the stores.  There's a reason online sellers with live guarantees make an exception for them.

• Like 2