Am I missing what 50% off is

Brandon p

On 6/28/2022 at 6:07 PM, Brandon p said:

7A85FE6E-FF9A-4ADB-AF5E-C417D0E656BC.jpeg.b7e8faa9217b25f9bd0c2ed47ee99add.jpeg

I dont know if you are actually buying it but sometimes when I see these errors, you can talk to one of the people at the store and get 50% off the wrong price. Thats how I got like 4 20g starter tanks for like 80$ back when covid didnt make everything expensive. 

• Like 1

There should be a sale page that explains the coupon. Their $/gal sale is now "50% off sale" so it's about $1.25 per gallon or so.

If you're eyeballing a 55G. I'd highly recommend a 75G instead. If you want any clarification on that, I'd be happy to share my experiences.

I'm assuming it's a website issue where the sale ended and the price and coupon now make no sense.

• Like 2

It is 50% off of the Sale price. It’s $69.99. I went back and add it to the cart and it was 
50% of the sale price. 

On 6/29/2022 at 7:26 AM, Guppysnail said:

Try going to checkout. Sometimes the sale doesn’t show until you checkout then 50% off happens on the lower price listed. If not I vote with @KBOzzie59 new math 🤣

You are correct. That is what happened. My brain was not in gear I guess. Then I saw it I was laughing and posted before checking it out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/29/2022 at 3:56 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

There should be a sale page that explains the coupon. Their $/gal sale is now "50% off sale" so it's about $1.25 per gallon or so.

If you're eyeballing a 55G. I'd highly recommend a 75G instead. If you want any clarification on that, I'd be happy to share my experiences.

I'm assuming it's a website issue where the sale ended and the price and coupon now make no sense.

I wasn’t really looking, I got an ad in my email and was look for the cheap 125. I have to many. I have the 75 and several 55’s. The 55’s I divided them in half and breed angelfish except one a 55 jus for the king tiger plecos. Friday they was a guy that had a several hundred gallons tank with stand and want $150 cash I don’t used cash. I sell shoes and offered a $350 pair of shoes, yes they have those and no in don’t wear them they help pay for my life and fish. Any way the guy was moving and put down at the street for the trash.  The sales 50% off the sale price. There was a 75g that was 50%. Thanks for the advice. That’s way I like it here people are willing to help and aren’t worried to offer help

Edited by Brandon p

On 6/29/2022 at 10:43 AM, Guppysnail said:

😲. Wow. I bet they are darn nice shoes. I get miffed when mine cost more than $20. Cuts into my fish budget 🤣. Sounds like an interesting income source 🤗

Depends I guess8B6E7FCB-567C-4681-A0CD-BFABEA76123F.jpeg.640bed80d023996d36bbffcede169cf3.jpegI like them but I would not pay that much for shoes I can’t resell. They aren’t cheap to buy I paid $200. The most I paid was $250 with shipping from Germany. They sold for $1500. As far as income it’s hit or miss now it was better before Covid. I make the most by going to places like TJ max and Burlington and buy look for shoes that are $200 but have a bad stitch or a small flaw. Then sell them marked up but for less than retail. I sell mine as having flaws but some don’t and sell them above retail like nothing is wrong. I have a more steady shoe income just re-shipping shoes for the US to the Eu and South Africa mostly. For most people that buy these expensive shoes rarely wear them and are more collectibles. Some never wear them. Like baseball cards. It would cut in fish money. I have to admit to having a couple of $100 pairs. I people have rooms full of shoes like people rooms full of fish.

• Like 1

Shoes are easy, although it was easier 3-4 years ago when you just set a computer program and it do the work. In case you want to know most shoes are released at 10am est on stores that sell shoes. Most companies like Nike and the others tell you sometimes up to a year in advance the day they with be released. It builds interest and if they want a lot of publicity the release limited numbers. Those are expensive here is a pic of of of the most expensive shoes on a popular resell site300C9ECA-0CD3-4B99-8F15-B852A10F48E4.jpeg.4bde576e05dcdf0477c723545b4d042e.jpegt

Tanks are fun, shoes used to be fun but as cash flow takes some fun out of it. 

Edited by Brandon p