Good fish to breed with corydoras?

SandBkeeper

Guppies

Endlers

Bristlenose Plecos 

Swordtails

Mollies

Tetras

but if you love the Cory’s you may get more enjoyment out of a species only set up or a biotope for your specific Cory. There’s a really cool tour of I believe alloddball aquatics that Cory from aquarium coop did that may give you some inspiration it’s very corydoras oriented…

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

My friend in Florida also is obsessed with Corydoras and has had success breeding them. He also breeds guppies. He has commented to me that he has had his most success with Corydoras with guppies in the tank. He believes the guppies have a calming effect on the Corydoras.

This is what I was told and would have no reason to doubt him, but I will chat with him further and fill you in.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 1:30 PM, Charleston Cory said:

My friend in Florida also is obsessed with Corydoras and has had success breeding them. He also breeds guppies. He has commented to me that he has had his most success with Corydoras with guppies in the tank. He believes the guppies have a calming effect on the Corydoras.

This is what I was told and would have no reason to doubt him, but I will chat with him further and fill you in.

Best of luck.

I'm sure that the active and social guppies do calm the cories, but hormones may also play a role too. Guppies are constantly breeding and that means they're releasing hormones. Some people (myself included) believe that those hormones in the water will help induce other fish in the same tank to breed too. It is not uncommon for people to report that one fish has spawned, and then another species in the same tank will spawn right after.