Well, we are getting drenched here. It’s been raining for 2 days already. My yard has a lot of trees and I hear the winds rustling through them.

The eye hasn’t made it here yet but within the next 8 hours will be the worst of it. It became a hurricane but fortunately, when it made landfall, deteriorated back down to a tropical storm. Which is still no joke! Expecting 70 mph winds and power/internet loss. The spaghetti model usually shows a variety of tracks going this way or that way, but uh.. 🤣 welp, we’re doin this! 😆

3D6D8337-FD3B-4975-B564-3FCE63D7BDB4.jpeg

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 10:42 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Well, we are getting drenched here. It’s been raining for 2 days already. My yard has a lot of trees and I hear the winds rustling through them.

The eye hasn’t made it here yet but within the next 8 hours will be the worst of it. It became a hurricane but fortunately, when it made landfall, deteriorated back down to a tropical storm. Which is still no joke! Expecting 70 mph winds and power/internet loss. The spaghetti model usually shows a variety of tracks going this way or that way, but uh.. 🤣 welp, we’re doin this! 😆

3D6D8337-FD3B-4975-B564-3FCE63D7BDB4.jpeg

Have you been preparing your tanks at all?

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 6:01 AM, Guppysnail said:

Hang in there. Hopefully you are still well stocked with peanut butter and spaghetti-Os. 
You got this!

Sending good vibes your way 🌈

Well we’ve got some canned corned beef and some bread, the peanut butter, I made some protein bars, and we have Campbell’s chunky soup! I filled up some extra containers of water as well.

On 11/10/2022 at 5:37 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Have you been preparing your tanks at all?

Yep, I did water changes and fasted them to keep down waste. I have nano pumps with 20000 mAh power banks as well. Last storm they ran 52 hours.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 7:50 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

The storm is almost past us. It wasn’t bad.

Awesome news!

Hopefully everyone in the region is doing ok.  Wind is a crazy thing when it gets turned up that high.  Where I am at we usually have a few months of some pretty intense stuff.  High altitude, no trees or anything and it definitely makes me want to have a little shelter for my tanks and pups.  They still haven't understood what it actually is, but they often back at everything moving because they get upset by it. 

The pups I mean.... I am sure if I had a ram it would bark at the wind though!

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2022 at 4:55 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Awesome news!

Hopefully everyone in the region is doing ok.  Wind is a crazy thing when it gets turned up that high.  Where I am at we usually have a few months of some pretty intense stuff.  High altitude, no trees or anything and it definitely makes me want to have a little shelter for my tanks and pups.  They still haven't understood what it actually is, but they often back at everything moving because they get upset by it. 

The pups I mean.... I am sure if I had a ram it would bark at the wind though!

The winds didn’t seem to have that many effects. Few downed power lines here & there. The main concern is flooding for many areas. And half of one guy’s house got taken by the sea. Saw it on the news. From the street the house looks lovely. Garage, front door, windows, normal house. Step inside a few feet and look down: ocean. The storm surge out at the coast is super dangerous.

• Sad 1

On 11/12/2022 at 9:24 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Today Geppetto got a floating log. What does he think of it?

Probably his favorite thing!  I've seen some report major issues with bettas with longer fins and those logs.  Just run your fingers inside and see it feels sharp or anything.  🙂

Happy Geppetto.  My pandas (and friends) got their favorite snack today.  I'm excited for them!

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2022 at 1:26 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Probably his favorite thing!  I've seen some report major issues with bettas with longer fins and those logs.  Just run your fingers inside and see it feels sharp or anything.  🙂

Happy Geppetto.  My pandas (and friends) got their favorite snack today.  I'm excited for them!

I did that. Didn’t seem like anything that he could get caught on.

• Love 1