What lighting do you use on your tank?

sweetpoison

8472069C-B9F1-45FC-A470-09CC97C0342C.jpeg.a1f4fb126592db088fdbf619006dab97.jpegThe lighting I have on my 20 gallon is too bright I think!  What do you guys think?  Perhaps things will look a little darker when I fill this up with water. Actually that will be tomorrow I think.Perhaps things will look a little darker when I fill this up with water. Actually that will be tomorrow I think.

When I had my other tanks years ago I just went and bought two new tubes but I forgot, what lighting  I wanted.  Not sure why two pictures showed up in different spots🤦‍♀️

I use the cheaper hygger lights bought on Amazon.  They are plenty strong for everything but the 29 and 40b. Those I use 2 of them. The 29 just the bottom does not get quite enough except directly under. The 40 is wide so I need more even coverage. I love them and use them on all my tanks. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 10:08 AM, lefty o said:

i currently have 1 nicrew, and a couple hygger's. i prefer the hygger as they adjust. i would fill your tank up, and run the light it has for a while, then decide if you need something different.

That’s a very good idea that’s what I was gonna do. I’m gonna fill it up tomorrow I’m so excited kinda hope it doesn’t pop!

On 6/1/2022 at 11:03 AM, Jeff said:

I use a T8 florescent Aqueon bulb on my 10g planted tank.

So guys!  I don’t even have bulbs on this 20 gallon tank lid ~ it’s like little circuits that are plugged. So I would have to get a whole new lid with tube bulbs… if and when I decide to replace it right?

On 6/1/2022 at 1:26 PM, sweetpoison said:

So guys!  I don’t even have bulbs on this 20 gallon tank lid ~ it’s like little circuits that are plugged. So I would have to get a whole new lid with tube bulbs… if and when I decide to replace it right?

Yes. Those little circuits are LED diodes.

• Like 1

If you get a new light get one that is adjustable and you can adjust the intensity.  adjusting the intensity really has helped me  allot not sure if you are going to use real plants or not 

I  use Finnex ALC  24/7 planted light ,, but I do  not use their auto 24/7   to much algae I like  it due you can adjust it & it’s intensity and you can  make your own schedule .. it took me a while to play and adjust it  to work best for me and my plants ,, what works for me  if you have finnex  if you have low light plants  30- 40%   intensity is best if you have medium plants 40-50 % intensity  I stated 20 % intensity and raised slowly  now since i have more plants  and less algae i am using the lights to 50% for my low & medium light plants 

Edited by Bev C