Extension of my last issue.. URGENT

I had some replys but they didnt seem to work, as its been over 5 hours now..

The plants where previously left out for the whole night (last night) and over my school time, (13 hours roughly) , then when i came home i tried to get this gel off them, i tried dissolving the el in warm water , i tried rinsing them in buckets , and i tried to use a tissue to whipe the gel off, it just wont go. any more ideas??

image.png.dfc49df099e65b4f4e6529dfbfb14a0a.png

(Tissue plants from aquafleur)

plant name: Nymphoides , Hydrophylla taiwan

Edited by SC Fish

At this point I'm not sure if you can, but I don't think its toxic to your tank (its been awhile since I bought plants with gel on them). If it were me I wouldn't stress, I'd put them in my tank and watch for new growth. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 2:18 PM, SC Fish said:

I had some replys but they didnt seem to work, as its been over 5 hours now..

The plants where previously left out for the whole night (last night) and over my school time, (13 hours roughly) , then when i came home i tried to get this gel off them, i tried dissolving the el in warm water , i tried rinsing them in buckets , and i tried to use a tissue to whipe the gel off, it just wont go. any more ideas??

image.png.dfc49df099e65b4f4e6529dfbfb14a0a.png

(Tissue plants from aquafleur)

plant name: Nymphoides , Hydrophylla taiwan

Tissue plants are packaged in a sterile gel, to provide all the nutrients they need and to keep the inside of the package moist enough for the plants.

Best solution I have found, is to allow them to soak overnight, sometimes it takes up to 2 days to get all the gel off. It's literally a nutrient gelatin. It will eventually dissolve in water, with a little bit of repeat rinsing, and repeat *gentle* massaging of the roots.

I open the bags and put the tissue culture plants straight into a sterilite bin of ZeroWater and a squirt of EasyGreen. Typically, all the gel is dissolved off by the time I am ready to plant in the next couple of days.

20220406_163051.jpg.063239fbb266a16a47f1cfedff44e346.jpg

• Like 4