Really 😊 excited but really need sleep

Amy C

Tues had 2 hatchling now I have 46 and still counting. I'm not a breeder by no means but I can definitely see why some are. When I was young...very much younger...I dabbled with guppies,sun moon,and mollies to breed to see what combo I'd get. Unfortunately I was too young and most pasted away. Did get good batches though but I was clueless. Same here now I'm am old woman 👵...still clueless on some points. I'm new to your forum. I've watched several co op you tube videos and hope to have friends here as a fellow marine hobbyist or NErD whichever 😄 I've kept inside pond(600+gallons,outside ponds,aquatic turtles(yellow&red earedMystic painted) ,large tin fish,large iridescent sharks,blue Chanel catfish even that got to be 3ft long. Koi,goldfish of all kinds...here to my chatty self putting myself out there 🍻 

• Like 4

20220331_033115.jpg

20220331_033122.jpg

20220331_033213.jpg

2 of these are guilty...I believe it's the white(dada) and black(momma) but anywho I think 2 are females and 1 is male now...need another tank setup and 46 homes...geez right? Lol I've got myself into something just don't know what yet 😅 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Here's my clutch so far. I have to say these co op bbs eggs are pretty great. Can't compare them to any others as this is my first time but I've only had 1 batch sour which I'm guessing was my fault somehow.

20220402_005735.jpg

Edited by Amy C
  • Love 3

Hope you all don't mind me sharing this journey here with you all 😀 I love my aquatics and don't really have anyone else to share my water fam with. Looking forward to showing my axolotl as they hopefully strive and how I've come up with a housing idea. Hopefully it works as well as I think it will.

I have other freshwater stuff as well that I would love to talk about as well....getting tips,tricks,advice as well as sharing my own. Currently I have 1x 55 gallon that holds 2 catfish,algea shark and baby painted turtle...600+ gallon inside pond with koi,gold fish varieties,1 yellow eared turtle (adult),tin fish, and irradecent shark (13-14 inches)...600+gallon outside pond with Koi,goldfish varieties including black moor:)...then there is Ertle my red eared turtle whose big and and around 19 yrs old...hes a mean one so he's by himself...but he has 100 gallon tank for winter thats getting an upgrade hopefully this summer and he has a vacation island that's outside during warm weather.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 12:45 AM, Amy C said:

Hope you all don't mind me sharing this journey here with you all

We LOVE when people share their journeys with us!  We don’t care what kind of babies they are, we love babies!  Axies are fabulous and we do have other axie breeders on here, so share away.

Over last few days I've invested $ for some upgrades I'm hoping. I've separated darks ones from lights ones and somewhat size of the dark ones cuz I need to wait on shipping before i can do the light ones. Water changes and feeding everyday. For some strange reason I'm losing a few of the light ones and none of the dark ones. Water tests are completely beyond great and temp is great(if anything chilly side) not finished yet but in transition. All 6 contain: 9 x the inferior dark ones, 10 x dark ones in 4 drawers,and light ones in 6th drawer. All have air stone as well on a gentle bubble.

20220402_005735.jpg

20220402_184132.jpg

20220402_184448.jpg

20220404_012112.jpg

Edited by Amy C
  • Like 2

If your axolotl are boring you, a suggestion to try is adding levels in a safe way of course. Mine don't always want to sit and hide at bottom of the tank. My apologies that im a horrible poster and photographer...you may need to turn your phone or stand on your head with a thumb in your mouth to see orientation 🙂20220331_052341.jpg.e5ee09a3613f2edc00b9b955156a25b8.jpg

20220331_141949.jpg

20220331_034724.jpg

20220404_002822.jpg

20220404_002830.jpg

20220404_004030.jpg

Edited by Amy C
  • Like 3

Mix it up I will share my painted turtle story breifly...briefly... name is Covid just cuz it was the first start of lock down and then husband brought me a turtle to care for. Anyways 20 ish miles away their city did a flush of their drains and this lil guy got lost big time!! He was very far from a pond,stream,lake of any kind and somehow managed to knock on the door of a fellow friend's micro brewing bar and managed not to get squashed...he was the size of a dime and not a decimal bigger lol...poor thing...he was cover with asphalt particles but I got him good and he's to awesome to part with and he loves us too ❤️ 

20220404_015347.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I've only ever kept 4 turtles but have rescued, revived, and released many. Most turtles from your place of living are completely fine. Maybe a push in right location of water is a great thing to do. Sometimes people have brought me a turtle from out of state to care for because they couldn't and it was dying. Please don't do this, it's illegal for most part and it doesn't help the turtle. Just direct it in its appropriate direction as strong will survive...another is petstores...." wanted it and now have no interest and I want it gone"...ok but not in the middle of winter...here in Ohio red eared sliders are fine to have fine to go to wild but the one you got from store needs to know how to be wild. Definitely don't set out in winter!! Please that's how I got 2 of mine sorry for being dramatic. They live for lots of years. Ertle is around 19yrs old and still perfectly active. If you have an aquatic turtle and are aggrevated of its dirty tank then give it more water,a filter ,air of sorts then water changes. It's really easy to get a clean turtle tank even though they are probably #1 on dirtiest list. I can help with this issue if anyone has it 😉

Edited by Amy C
  • Like 2

On 4/2/2022 at 1:45 AM, Amy C said:

I love my aquatics and don't really have anyone else to share my water fam with.

Share away!  I’m in the same boat. The forum folks are my fish friends. I’m loving your journey.  These are so beautiful but I’m also in the would be to intimidated to try keeping group. 

I love everything you've shared so far. Don't be shy! Sharing with others is always really nice. Pretty sure that's why a lot of us are here. I came here because my IRL companions are not interested in aquatics. I'm enjoying your adventures! Please don't apologise for your joy. ^_^

I look forward to reading more on your projects!

• Like 2

I'm overwhelmed at being able to chat about my hobby that others enjoy also! Thank you so much!!  Here's an update on baby Axolotl..I have exactly 100 today. Shown in pic is a temporary setup to get by which makes my life a bit easier and their life better;) top 2 tanks are my inferior ones which hold 9 on left and 11 on right...all others hold 10 each. They are doing good I think. I've never done this before so I'm winging it. Feed everyday and 100% water change with declorinated water,air stone on gentle cycle and not much water. Plan is to increase water with size and add nano sponge on gentle. Then probably beg for homes🤣

20220406_035513.jpg

Edited by Amy C
  • Like 1

So I've not spoken for awhile and thought I have explaining to do 😀 I can't seem to keep up atm or barely keep up. This first clutch was a surprise and while I started setting up for them and trying to figure out one for my "HIM" I ended up with my other female laying eggs🙅‍♀️🤦‍♀️ busy lil guy I'd say lol...still not giving up...

Wanted to add here that I have lost some of the original clutch. Ok so the tub I found that all 10 were gone was upsetting but no idea why it happened. The big huge thing is the 2 losses I caused 😓

Edited by Amy C