The Newbie from Alabama!

Katie B.

Hello, from Huntsville, Alabama!

-----

About Me: I taught middle/high school math for 7.5 years before resigning this past December to become a stay@home mom as we are expecting a little girl in July! 

-----

I purchased Ruby the betta for my 2.5 year old son and wound up getting hooked myself as I did research on the needs of these beautiful fish. 

Ruby was sick for the first two weeks and so I put him through the Maracyn & ParaCleanse treatment and saw an improvement. I am giving him a week or two break from another round before I give him the all clear.

(BELOW: Close up of Ruby)

IMG_9280.jpeg.09e974b14c67601ec55226d206f97d9d.jpeg

(BELOW: Ruby & his quarantine tank)

IMG_9279.jpeg.7668a7a925811021d321c6c03f136aae.jpeg

So, then I started doing all this research (mostly Irene from Girl Talks Fish and Aquarium Co-Op) and decided to take the plunge and start a 29-gallon planted tank that will turn into a community tank once it is cycled. 

IMG_9277.jpeg.23f6c45a8b6fc66758f5a536d8c0d02a.jpeg

This hobby has already started teaching me patience as I observe my newly-planted plants, prepare my hardscape, & excitedly wait till it's time to introduce the rest of the fish I want to purchase for my community tank. 

My husband, friends, & family all think I have lost my mind but I'm dealing with them (lol)

(BELOW: My husband, myself, & our 2.5 year old)

IMG_9136.jpeg.144070d220bcdaf47c6740f199063c7a.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Welcome to the forum! Awesome to see someone from my neck of the woods!

BTW, if you use reddit, there's an Aquaswap newly started for all of Alabama. Just search for "Aquaswap Alabama" and it should pop up. I plan on utilizing it when I have too many endlers, and it will be so great to find homes for plant clippings instead of tossing them. 

• Love 1

On 3/23/2022 at 8:49 AM, H.K.Luterman said:

Welcome to the forum! Awesome to see someone from my neck of the woods!

BTW, if you use reddit, there's an Aquaswap newly started for all of Alabama. Just search for "Aquaswap Alabama" and it should pop up. I plan on utilizing it when I have too many endlers, and it will be so great to find homes for plant clippings instead of tossing them. 

Love love love!!! Thank you SO much for sharing!

• Like 1