His and hers 175 gallon bowfront project.

So, my wife wanted a big tank and I started the hunt. I found a full oceanic kit, drilled with overflows, original stand and company with a sump. It’s a nice tank and was priced to move. So I got that heavy beast and brought it home. A week later someone offered another one for the same price only with a pair of sun sun canisters and no overflows/drilled bottom. Ok. Now I get one and loaded up the second heavier than a car aquarium. 

having lurked on the forum a long time I thought I would finally join and document what we are doing. First part was tearing down the two tanks we moved for the project, getting them in and level, only had to tear down half the living room to do it. 

This is where we start…

A5C6782D-7655-45DF-B56E-C8579ECE9BAB.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Love 2

On 3/7/2022 at 9:01 AM, Andy's Fish Den said:

This is awesome! Can't wait to see how each of you scape and stock your own tank

Yeah, it’s either going yo be awesome or a complete flop. Laugh. Mot much in between. We already have the scape material, her tank decor is probably going to displace 30-40 gallons. More on that later when I verify it will or will not work. 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 9:03 PM, PineSong said:

Wow, what a treat to have so many gallons to work with! I guess those tanks being such a hardship to move probably leads to sellers offering them at enticing prices. It will be so fun to see what you two do with them.

I think it really depends on sellers. Locally we have people who want almost new prices and some just want it gone. Some people just don’t understand the resale value of tanks is ridiculous. 

On 3/8/2022 at 1:58 PM, Vanish said:

Don't let me down! 😄

Laugh…if I worried about letting people down I wouldn’t have this hobby. Lol. 

On 3/8/2022 at 3:10 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

So many options, what are the dimensions? I was trying to find them on google but got conflicting info 6'x2'x21" was best I could figure out. 

72” wide. 16” deep either side. 23”  center depth and 28” tall