Plants in holding

Good morning from 1 degree and windy Maine,  I have an exciting project ahead of me.  New 300 gallon acrylic tank coming  my way in a few days.  I jumped the gun a little ( maybe) and purchased my plants from aquarium co-op.  They all arrived in gorgeous condition of course.  I currently have  them in a couple of Rubbermaid tubs.  They are in substrate and I have a light on them.  I have also given them a dose of easy green.  It has been about a week and they will likely have to sit another week before being settled into the new tank.  Should I be doing anything else to ensure they continue to be healthy?  Wondering about CO2 or dropping in an air stone to keep water moving so less sediment on leaves.  Thoughts?  Also wondered if I could some how rig up my soda stream to deliver Co2.  LOL... I have seen crazier things from you fishy folk.

• Like 1

Here's my spare plant holding system. (Such as it is.) It's simply a Sterilite container under my plant lights. It's got some old substrate (mostly Fluorite) and at least one of every plant I have spares of. There are water hyacinths, frogbit, duckweed, dwarf sag, (lots of dwarf sag,) and anything else I have a bit of that ends up in there. If I need a plant there's some stuff in there I can export to whatever tank needs it. I just top off the water every now and then (later today in fact) and do pretty much nothing else to it. I do thin out the floaters from time to time also. 

IMG_20220115_095142731_HDR.jpg

• Love 1

Thank you all.  Love the idea of maintaining plant back up bin.  One could actually make that an attractive feature of the fish room!  Regarding the "white list" I am not sure.  I mean I assume "white list" must mean a list of fish we cannot have here?  If this is what a white list is then yes.  I know when I have inquired about certain fish I am interested in  my fish stores have told me they cannot order that particular species several times.  They have to refer to a list of what they allowed to order.   Kind of a bummer.  I have been keeping fish for 20 years now though and have been blissfully ignorant to what I have been missing out on until very recently.

I'm not very fancy. Old sour cream containers (cleaned, of course), 5 gallon buckets, or sterilite bins have all held plants for me.

Most recently, I stored the plants in the clear plastic tubes they came in for almost 2 months as I had not sufficiently recuperated from surgery to do anything more than add water with Easy Green to the tubes.

As long as plants are getting the nutrients they need, the light to use the nutrients, and as much humidity (or start them submerged) as they need, the plants don't read the internet to know that they are supposed to be in a fish tank. 😅

• Like 1