Killifish eggs

Taco Playz

We sometimes use H2O2 - 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. But we use it very sparingly. There’s a lot of tricks, but it’s hard to lay out for you without a better sense of your whole situation.

Killi eggs take a while to hatch. Typically, if adults are spawning, they’ll keep going. I take a clear jug or small 2.5 gal tank, sponge filter, Java moss, Catappa leaves, alder cones, and put eggs in for a few weeks. Then just wait. A few fry always make it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 1/1/2022 at 8:02 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

I see online an alternative is containing them with an airstone- apparently the bubbles keep the fungus from forming, likely from movement. "Rolling stone gathers no moss"

Thanks I actually made my own fish egg box with a air stone. The container is about 1 gallon and I drilled a hole then put tubing then attached a airstone

• Like 1

I nabbed 5 cory eggs off the side of the glass and didn't use any methyl blue. One got fungus (which I promptly removed) while the other 4 hatched. I wonder if Methyl blue is more something to better guarantee higher numbers. I had heard corydoras and their eggs are prone to fungus so i was surprised to only loose 1 out of 5.