Snail love?

mona

On 12/16/2021 at 6:12 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Nope. Just turn down the lights and put on some romantic music for them. They could be like that for a while. 

I only have a 20 gallon, a few plants, 1 fish and 3 snails. If they have babies will it be too many for my setup to handle?

They will lay above the water line in a clutch that is easily removed. It is a guarantee the top snail is a boy. However the boys are not picky about mating attempts and the bottom may also be a boy. I separate my girls and boys to slow egg laying. While it does not stop it it helps. However the romance continues in my male only tanks. Depending on the survival rate they could overwhelm your tank without increased water changes and maintenance. Unfortunately my niece found this out the hard way. Keep your water level high to discourage laying. It won’t stop it but it does slow it. Until they find out how to lay on the lid 🤣

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Following Guppysnail's advice above, I have kept my mystery snail from hatching a hundred babies. She has laid three clutches of eggs in my main tank and I removed the clutches. I have not seen any baby mystery snails in the tank. If I had not removed them and they had all hatched (I don't know how likely that is) I would surely have over 100 mystery snails in the tank and at 20g with 20 fish in it, that would be a grisly mess.

Edited by PineSong
Typo as usual.
  • Like 1