The Panda Cory Appreciation Society🐼

Oh you right!!

I moved a bunch today to make it easier on the tank. I'm hoping to move more later. 

Nvm the voice over. I was talking to @nabokovfan87 about my thoughts on the nitrates this tank is experiencing. At first I thought it was a snail issue but I no longer think it is lol. More fry than I thought!

Edited by Cinnebuns
  • Love 3

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve recently been pining to get back at Cory breeding and almost bought a group of Coryadoras melanistus IMG_1937.jpeg.1a3f391312f6fcfb7cdf8b88f5e2a7f3.jpegIve somehow resisted the temptation to go back and pick them up. The store indicated they’d had them for months and were surprised that they still had them but the price 8.99 I was very tempted!  It’s good it’s slightly off my beaten path to work! 

My Pygmy corys continue to look great and I’ve loved watching their secondary sexual characteristics emerge - females with big bellies and boys starting to strut their stuff. I’m super tempted to do a big colder water change but have been afraid to do so with all the other inhabitants. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 7 months later...

This thread is what made me first get panda cories. Now I have over 100 juveniles growing out and a couple dozen in my main tank. Are you proud of yourself @Beardedbillygoat1975

In all reality, I love these guys. I've only had 3 different species of cories but these are my favorite and first love!  They started me on my breeding journey too!

Maybe tomorrow I'll try to get some pics and video of the tank holding the 100 juveniles lol. It's shocking how many can fit in a tank when they are small. I know that won't last forever and I'll be looking to rehome them soon. 

Just a few weeks ago I got some paleatus cories. I'm hoping to grow out the 2 species side by side while those of sexual maturity age are seperated. I've been enjoying watching them so far and giving them time to adjust before I pressure them into breeding. 

Edited by Cinnebuns
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2024 at 6:34 AM, Cinnebuns said:

Maybe tomorrow I'll try to get some pics and video of the tank holding the 100 juveniles lol.

Oh please do!  I'd love to see that.  

I've had Peppered Corys for several years, and adore them.  Lots of personality.

Awww @CinnebunsI am proud. Armored catfish are a real passion for me. Presently I have 3 types - Venezuelans, Pygmy’s (albino and regular) and Gold Lasers. I’ve been on the verge of getting pandas again recently but I’m trying to make sure I don’t over extend myself. As my journal and posts indicates over and over I have a collectoritis problem and well I don’t know what’s good for me. Anyways yes I love when people post here. It really warms my heart. ❤️ and ☮️ to all my fellow Cory keepers! 

• 2 weeks later...