bn pleco love

Cys aquatics

YES. I have mom n dad longfin lemon blue eyed. I just released 2 batches of close to 100 babies. I have 80 more in a grow out. This video happened today. Mom is already in the cave laying. You can see her cute little face 🥰 I did not get the entire thing today but here is part of it. Dad does not trap her she goes in and out repeatedly then when ready she backs in. Dad goes in and out forward and backward like any nervous new dad pacing. I watch every time. Their courtship is so romantic. I have pictures of the courtship from previous drops it’s adorable. She lays every 3 weeks this is #7. I wish I had space to allow them all to hatch. They each wait in their food bowl for veggies. 🥰. My all time favorite two fish. 
im out of reactions s to all the posts here😍😍😍

CFAF8474-BF1C-4552-9B07-5443B5A44958.jpeg

3284452F-2EEF-44C4-8C82-E63C9A47D8A8.jpeg

EEEEC926-ADEA-43A8-932D-D9BFDB0EB890.jpeg

5E476331-6D78-446A-B302-85D5CFDDF5ED.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 3

They're really neat little fish. I think they'd be even more popular if priced better. Locally in pet shops they're $30 and up. Given how quickly and easily they breed the pricing never makes sense to me. They're easier to raise than most fish, but they come with a premium price. 

On 11/19/2021 at 9:07 AM, gardenman said:

Given how quickly and easily they breed the pricing never makes sense to me. They're easier to raise than most fish, but they come with a premium price. 

I have allowed 3 drops to hatch. I think it may be it takes them awhile to become sexually mature and they are hard to tell sex until they are. They are incredibly messy as juvenile and eat like it’s going out if style. They also take longer to advance to a sellable size. This makes them time consuming and a decent amount of work in my opinion. I too think the price should come down. I hooked up with a Hobbiest not for profit pleco breeder that belongs to several clubs. I sold all 180 (give or take) babies at a ridiculously low bulk price. He then distributed them throughout his clubs recouping only what he invested and gas money for retrieval to other hobbiest breeders at 6/$20 then gave the rest away. 😁

Yeah, I get the maturation time, but in six months you've got a good-sized fish. You can buy bettas that take a year or more to develop full finnage, have to be raised individually so they don't fight and kill one another, are harder to breed/raise for under $10.  (Petco's site has some as low as $3.49 today.) The retail price for bristlenose plecos just seems out of whack. Common plecos which are harder to raise can be bought for under $5 on a regular basis.