Tank Photography

Patrick_G

Wide angle lenses have greater depth of field also you need decent shutter speed or to brace the camera to keep things from being fuzzy. I'm actually surprise you singled me out since i've been lazy and just use my phone but there was a time when i was more ambitious and used the slr. Still i guess phones work sometimes like this:

f1.jpg.96b8fc252fa3879b60be4d6300e5d64b.jpgnijesseni.jpg.28b35281c0cd014cd7eca5a5fa33d203.jpg

• Like 3

I never use a flash for two reasons; first you will usually get reflections off the glass and the fishes really dislike it. Flash can increase contrast so a narrow picture of a fish it might be worth it but you have to angle it to prevent the reflection; for those more willing to do a nice picture with an slr you can use an off camera light (or flash) or diffuser on the light though that will reduce the contrast. 

The two most common issues i see with other pictures are shake causing blur - worse than accurate focus - this is common inside since you can't really see the phone's shutter speed - and poor focus which can be annoying with phones - my current phone is a note 9 but some of the older pictures were with a note 4 (sorry folks not an apple fan).