Hello from the Ozarks

Aubrey

4 minutes ago, Edwards said:

I've seen his puffer and they do look fun.  I dont have any insights about puffers.  I just started with my first tank in November.  

what do you keep?

i keep a 10 gallon planted community, 10 gallon coldwater danio tank, and a 75 gallon reef tank in the making(it still needs to be plumbed) 

also it won't be one tank for long 🙂 lol 

Edited by quirkylemon103
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, quirkylemon103 said:

what size tank and what type tanks do you have?

also have you heard of aquapets? i have only really been shopping at worlds underwater but i went to aquapets for the first time last sunday the tank are kinda dirty but he has healthy fish and a significantly better dry goods section. 

Aqua Pets is Great Place.  Jason Mason runs it.  He is a great guy.  They have a Facebook Page and usually get new fish on Thursdays.  I have 18 Aquariums.  I have a 150g, 125g, 120g, 90g, 75g, 46g, 2 40g's. 5 20's, 2 10's and 3 5g's.  I am a tad obsessed.  I was born in 1972 and have had fish since 1976.  I have had fish since  1990.

@quirkylemon103 yeah there are two good stores up here, the Aquarium Shoppe and there is another one on kearny, I can't remember the name of it, the they both have been pretty good. I have been able to get some hard to find stuff from both of them. My wife and I jave been thinking about heading down to Arkansas to checkout sone stores down there. 

26 minutes ago, DaneG said:

@quirkylemon103 yeah there are two good stores up here, the Aquarium Shoppe and there is another one on kearny, I can't remember the name of it, the they both have been pretty good. I have been able to get some hard to find stuff from both of them. My wife and I jave been thinking about heading down to Arkansas to checkout sone stores down there. 

i would recommend worlds underwater there is also aqua pets but i've only been once but the owner seems nice and knowledgeable i'm hoping to go back soon to get some amonos and driftwood.

4 hours ago, quirkylemon103 said:

i would recommend worlds underwater there is also aqua pets but i've only been once but the owner seems nice and knowledgeable i'm hoping to go back soon to get some amonos and driftwood.

Thank you, we would really enjoy seeing new stores and it's a nice drive down there. 

not sure about a time but i might be able to meet you at worlds underwater or aqua pets. but i can't go to either because i'm the only one that keeps fish in my family and my parents say no to buying stuff for yourself till after christmas and then i have birthday right after and it's the same rule

16 hours ago, DaneG said:

Thank you, we would really enjoy seeing new stores and it's a nice drive down there. 

@TimeTraveler I think I started with 10. I have fed all sorts of foods, but currently I am feeding :160814564392799134065.jpg.55f67b463274293cb335c48f47443fbe.jpg

My cherries are in a community tank, so I'm sure they eat everything I feed that tank. If it wasn't so expensive I would keep feeding my shrimp only tank the Shrimp King Yummy Gummy,  I would believe it if they said it had shrimp crack in it. I don't use crushed coral, ada, or wondershell.

@TimeTraveler it's great! Everyone likes it from my plecos and shrimp to my pygmy corys and rice fish. My plecos will ignore their wafers and rasp on the fry food that gets caught in the hair algae. You can see in the picture it's almost empty, but I made sure to order more when it got about halfway down.

2 hours ago, Aubrey said:

@TimeTraveler it's great! Everyone likes it from my plecos and shrimp to my pygmy corys and rice fish. My plecos will ignore their wafers and rasp on the fry food that gets caught in the hair algae. You can see in the picture it's almost empty, but I made sure to order more when it got about halfway down.

what else do your pygmy cories like? i'm worried mine aren't getting enough food 

and have you ever seen them eat? mine don't seem to care when i feed the tank i'm currently feeding omega one comunity flakes that are crushed up 

i'm going to a lfs today and i want to know what food i should get

@quirkylemon103 I hardly ever see mine and I have like 15-20 in a 12 long. I have noticed that they come out around the dawn and dusk cycle more often than any other time and that's usually when I feed the tank. I can't really recommend another food because mine didn't spawn until I started using the fry food, but that could be a coincidence. I was feeding sera onip tabs previously and would see them forage through what made it to the bottom.

17 minutes ago, Aubrey said:

@quirkylemon103 I hardly ever see mine and I have like 15-20 in a 12 long. I have noticed that they come out around the dawn and dusk cycle more often than any other time and that's usually when I feed the tank. I can't really recommend another food because mine didn't spawn until I started using the fry food, but that could be a coincidence. I was feeding sera onip tabs previously and would see them forage through what made it to the bottom.

ok so aquarium co op fry food.

mine don't really get more active when i'm feeding do you think there is a problem?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am also close to this area, just across the state line in MO, currently. I've been to Aquapets myself. I currently have and raise Bloody Mary shrimp, Sunkist, have a huge colony of Blue dreams, and am currently taking a crack at Amanos and Red Racer Nerite snails. Anyone with suggestions on the last two are welcome to offer suggestions. Thanks and nice meeting you.

• Like 1