Hello from the Ozarks

Aubrey

I'm writing this introduction post mostly to see how well my area is represented on this forum. So I'm from North West Arkansas, but the Ozarks sprawls across southern Missouri, eastern Oklahoma, and Just a tiny bit of Kansas. Geography lesson aside, I have been in the hobby for around three years and like to keep Neocaridina shrimp and "easy" fish.  I currently have 3 active tanks: a 12g long, a 20g long, and a 5g portrait as well several various vases and bowls with plants.  I have some pygmy corys, bristlenose plecos, and rice fish.  Anyway I'm glad to be a part of this community and was curious if anyone might actually be from my community or close by.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

@quirkylemon103 I usually drive up to Springfield, Mo. it's about the same distance from me as Rogers. They have at least two LFS and nearly a dozen chain stores that sell fish and some plants. There is also a Facebook group that has a couple small swaps a years called Ozarks Aquarium Society based up there. You might ask on there about guppy grass if it's worth the drive for you.

On 10/2/2020 at 12:12 AM, Aubrey said:

I'm writing this introduction post mostly to see how well my area is represented on this forum. So I'm from North West Arkansas, but the Ozarks sprawls across southern Missouri, eastern Oklahoma, and Just a tiny bit of Kansas. Geography lesson aside, I have been in the hobby for around three years and like to keep Neocaridina shrimp and "easy" fish.  I currently have 3 active tanks: a 12g long, a 20g long, and a 5g portrait as well several various vases and bowls with plants.  I have some pygmy corys, bristlenose plecos, and rice fish.  Anyway I'm glad to be a part of this community and was curious if anyone might actually be from my community or close by.

I'm 6hrs from Osage Beach!  My family and I visit oceans of fun and worlds of fun every summer back in the day.  I actually live In Illinois 20 miles from the big muddy and damn near along the center in a Tiny podunk town Called Berwick Population 50 lol. I wouldn't have it any other way

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, JoeKirk said:

Hey I live in Fayetteville.  

what size tank and what type tanks do you have?

also have you heard of aquapets? i have only really been shopping at worlds underwater but i went to aquapets for the first time last sunday the tank are kinda dirty but he has healthy fish and a significantly better dry goods section. 

I would second quirkylemon: aquapets is more a one man operation (little cramped and 'seasoned tanks') but they are going to have more variety than you're going to find a a big box pet store.  Worlds underwater is more upscale however their prices are higher.  

Edited by Edwards

42 minutes ago, Edwards said:

I would second quirkylemon: aquapets is more a one man operation (little cramped and 'seasoned tanks') but they are going to have more variety than you're going to find a a big box pet store.  Worlds underwater is more upscale however their prices are a higher.  

i saw his fahaka puffer and learned the meaning of fish with a personality now i'm looking at getting a green terror or a group of amazon puffers which correct if i'm wrong they can both go in a 40 breeder right just not together