Water changes

Calorad

I have been using a python to do water changes for some time now however water pressure lately has been getting weak where I live and it gets slow at draining out any water or adding back. Anyone have other suggestions on what they use that is better then this method?

I have a pond fountain pump I keep in a bucket at bottom of a 32G barrel gravel vac into that with a short hose that helps a lot for speeding up removing. For filling up only things I can suggest is shorting the hose or if available connect to a sink on second floor to have gravity help (don’t know if that will work if pressure coming out is weak to start with)

48FADFD5-871F-48D3-8A0B-A49B75CCCE8B.jpeg.80d8e1389e61d47c2e61c79c43fafdbb.jpeg57437859-826D-4F5C-8BD2-4958188DE72B.jpeg.17f1ea4456f957d85c40df9cec59e96c.jpeg

hose coming out of water jug is gravel vac. I rigged it this way to avoid hose flopping around, made hose shorter (=stronger siphon), and that’s the way uh huu uh huu I like it. 🥴

• Haha 2

the problem with the python system hooked to most sinks is that water flow is severely restricted through most faucets. a python is a simple eductor system that if you put 1 gallon through it, it will suck 1 gallon out. problem being most faucets if you look inside them are lucky to have 1/8" line in them which even at high pressure dont move much water volume. i had much the same problem, and solved it by tapping into the supply line over my wash tub, and basically making a home made pot filler. a couple swivel fittings and copper pipe with a 3/4" hose thread sweated on the end to screw on the python adapter. done that way it see's full house pressure/volume bypassing the tiny lines inside of the sinks faucet. now filling is still on the slow side as i move the python form my pot filler deal back to the faucet so i can have hot/cold water to mix to temp, but makes removing water/waste from the tank much faster.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 8:50 PM, Atitagain said:

I have a pond fountain pump I keep in a bucket at bottom of a 32G barrel gravel vac into that with a short hose that helps a lot for speeding up removing. For filling up only things I can suggest is shorting the hose or if available connect to a sink on second floor to have gravity help (don’t know if that will work if pressure coming out is weak to start with)

48FADFD5-871F-48D3-8A0B-A49B75CCCE8B.jpeg.80d8e1389e61d47c2e61c79c43fafdbb.jpeg57437859-826D-4F5C-8BD2-4958188DE72B.jpeg.17f1ea4456f957d85c40df9cec59e96c.jpeg

hose coming out of water jug is gravel vac. I rigged it this way to avoid hose flopping around, made hose shorter (=stronger siphon), and that’s the way uh huu uh huu I like it. 🥴

ORD🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1