Pond solution (Ich-x )

alcidmr

I oder ich-x  from CO - OP for my rasboras because they have ich from PESTMART didnt see it at store and they were look fine, till 2 days ago and  i already had 3 died. 

does anyone know is If I can use it for a 5.5 gallon tank I'm trying to find how to calculate because it's the concentrated one and only has dose for 50 gallons only. I cant figure out how to do the math. so im stuck I would appreciate any direction or instructions thank you in advance HELP!!!!!!

16315820766338158143761192165519.jpg

On 9/13/2021 at 6:31 PM, Torrey said:

You can get an infant medicine dropper from almost any pharmacy, and let them know you need to measure 0.5 mL.

Good luck! May your fish return to health rapidly. 

[Be sure to invert the bottle several times to get an accurate dose]

Yeah I have one thank God . Thank you 

On 9/14/2021 at 6:10 PM, alcidmr said:

All the 3 platys looks like that but this one is the worst one. the corydoras look ok 

I would give the Ich-X a few days and see what everyone does.  The platys don’t look thin, so any internal parasites that might be there are not urgent at this point.  The platys could have a few Ich lesions that aren’t developed enough to show up as spots or they’re only on the gills where you can’t see them.  Do the 5 day treatment, but post again if anything gets worse or new symptoms start.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 11:59 PM, alcidmr said:

Can I add expel-p if I already added ich-x in my aquarium? Or is not safe? Thanks

16316602893945299421279767425040.jpg

to use expel p the active ingredient is levamisole and ick x together I would only mix these to medication if your adding expel p to their food and treat the water with ick x  he's a food recipe I agree @Odd Duck I would treat with ick x for couple more days before treating with expel p white stringy poop doesn't always mean your fish have parasites it can be poop with not food in it if they haven't been eating that could be the cause

Screenshot_20210814-142639~2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Colu that's an important piece of information I wish was shared more often. 

Livebearers can have white poo when they are pregnant, especially just before they drop fry.

Their poo matches what they eat, as export literally matches import. Mine enjoy biofilm, roots of plants (when plants are floating), and hunt whatever moves in the tank.

Which meant I was constantly treating for parasites, until I saw Cory's video presentation on live bearers... 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 10:52 PM, Torrey said:

@Colu that's an important piece of information I wish was shared more often. 

Livebearers can have white poo when they are pregnant, especially just before they drop fry.

Their poo matches what they eat, as export literally matches import. Mine enjoy biofilm, roots of plants (when plants are floating), and hunt whatever moves in the tank.

Which meant I was constantly treating for parasites, until I saw Cory's video presentation on live bearers... 

True good to know 👍