Malaysian Driftwood Appropriate Price

Keeg

Im looking for a medium sized (8 ish inches in length) Malaysian drift wood piece and I want it to be a sort of branch/ large branch root system. It is my favorite type so far because of how dense, long lasting, and dark it is. What is an appropriate price for a piece like this. Last time I went to the co-op they really didn't have any pieces I was looking for and the pieces they did have were out of my budget. What would you consider a piece like this to be a fair price? Also does anybody have any luck with Amazon? I would try but im afraid I'd get some bad pieces. 

On 9/8/2021 at 11:24 PM, Casual aquatics said:

It's hard to answer this question with in the rules of the forum. No promoting other sites outside of the coop and aqua huna however I know of plenty  good sights for this kind of thing 😬 so what I would say is do your research bargain hunt but 8inch solid peace I could see anywhere from 30-80$ where I'm from

yeah the rules are a bit limiting but amazon and eBay are allowed but im suspicious with both. But no stores sells Malaysian drift wood nearby, only spider and its just a pin sometimes. My best piece is from my father and its almost as old as I am. 

On 9/9/2021 at 1:40 AM, Nooby said:

@Keeg yes and no, when I saw something shady looking I went to my local fish store owner who is super experienced, he knows most of the legit sellers so he tells me if they are good

Darn, thanks anyways. There used to be a guy like that in the city but his shop burned down and he couldn't afford to rebuild so now I dont even know where he could be. This was like a decade ago as well, back when I didn't use natural decor. 

Edited by Keeg
  • Like 1