90g CA Cichlid tank journal

I wanted to set up a short journal for my 90g tank set up. It’s not a Biotope but will mostly focus on CA cichlids, with a couple odd balls thrown in. I’ve traded in a few fish since my last post and lost one to a “decoy accident”. The current stocking is 2 Nicaraguan Cichlids, a Flier Cichlid, and a Sengal Bichir. The next fish I get will be a HRP, 1-3 Firemouths, 1-2 Topaz Cichlid (if I can find them) and some plecos. 

I am not sure how I feel about the driftwood right now so please give me some opinions. I also will get more anubius eventually.

05EF2A4E-FF8E-4155-A993-721336941EE7.jpeg

3BA182E8-DCF9-4639-85D9-3472C6CB5875.jpeg

FAD617D9-B6F4-4FC4-AFED-B358B25271BF.jpeg

• Like 3

Once you get the anubias everything will fill in nicely. The wood IMO looks natural so if it were me, I'd leave it. Keep in mind, once plecos go in you'll barely see them in there, but they will enjoy bring able to hide. In terms of the Honduran Red Points, are you going with a solo male or a pair? I used to love the colony of them I had of them, but they were so prolific!

On 9/3/2021 at 11:40 PM, Tihshho said:

Once you get the anubias everything will fill in nicely. The wood IMO looks natural so if it were me, I'd leave it. Keep in mind, once plecos go in you'll barely see them in there, but they will enjoy bring able to hide. In terms of the Honduran Red Points, are you going with a solo male or a pair? I used to love the colony of them I had of them, but they were so prolific!

I’m thinking just 1 at the moment

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2021 at 3:42 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

Looks like they are all in reasonable if not excellent condition and no major damage. You’ve provided them with a ton of sight breaks and hiding spots. Hope it continues to go well! 

Yes, everyone gets together well, I am a little concerned about the Bichir and Firemouth. The Bichir has grown at a much faster rate than expected and the Firemouth is right on the edge of being small enough to be food

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...