Aquarium Co-Op Powerhead

Patrick_G

I’ve installed a similar one in my 75 gal. It’s really beneficial for creating flow and keeping detritus under control. I have two filters attached, one with floss and one with coarse sponge. I angle it so there’s more or less a circular flow around the tank, but move it around if needed to clear out pockets of detritus. If it was attached to a a substrate mounted Coop sponge filter it could be hidden much easier. 

BDFFA3E6-CD1B-43DF-AD43-62788B7275D9.jpeg

• Like 3

Wait what?? How did I miss that the co-op has a powerhead???

I have a similar setup in my 55 gallon. I love the circulating water.

Any chance it’s Malaysian trumpet snail safe? 😝

Edited by Hobbit
And by that I mean: is the powerhead safe, not the snails!
  • Like 3

On 9/5/2021 at 4:59 PM, Streetwise said:

This looks cool. The product page indicates that it fits all but the Nano Sponge Filter tubes. I bet a forum Nerm will come up with an adapter.

For going small, a pre-filter sponge might be the best match. Which of those fit?

I really like the new product links mod! Thanks for putting in the volunteer time. 

• 3 months later...
On 9/2/2021 at 9:02 AM, Patrick_G said:

I’ve installed a similar one in my 75 gal. It’s really beneficial for creating flow and keeping detritus under control. I have two filters attached, one with floss and one with coarse sponge. I angle it so there’s more or less a circular flow around the tank, but move it around if needed to clear out pockets of detritus. If it was attached to a a substrate mounted Coop sponge filter it could be hidden much easier. 

BDFFA3E6-CD1B-43DF-AD43-62788B7275D9.jpeg

Just ordered mine for better movement on the bottom where should I put it