Does this exist/ should this exist?

Atitagain

On 8/26/2021 at 7:43 PM, Dwayne Brown said:

Would people buy an oscar if they knew it would grow in to a foot long carnivore (probably not).

Would oscars fall off of everyone’s top 10 list of fish that are miss treated in the hobby…maybe

Dwayne you make a lot of good points it is supply and demand and the all mighty $ does affect what is policy and creates sales tactics. My over all point is I would be more loyal to a company that would offer something like this. Just to go an extra inch to  generate a more educated customer base would mean a lot to me.

On 8/26/2021 at 7:43 PM, Dwayne Brown said:

Also I don't think many shoppers would be that trusting of a database a company put together to sell you something. 

I trust aquarium coops database 

• Like 1

Our local chain store has a binder listing all the fish they can special order in and the price. Only employees can use it though but you can ask them to look something up in it for you. I want the binder so bad 😂 but alas they would never sell it. And for compatibility, they have a grid chart with around 10 fish on each axis, not very helpful because the fish are basics like tetras and guppies, and its only freshwater so... 

I like your idea of a computer and it would be great in the co-op for impulse buys, but im pretty sure the co-op thinks it's customers to know what they want before they go inside, especially for covid. 

@Atitagain I think this is a great idea, but the reality is there is little profit in a lot of work on a database that will need significant upkeep. Unless you can sell it as an app that the store can tap into and use.

It’s unfortunate that the ones most likely to use it are those least likely to need it, and the reverse is also true.  The ones that need it the most won’t end up listening to even the most knowledgeable store employee. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 8:46 AM, Odd Duck said:

It’s unfortunate that the ones most likely to use it are those least likely to need it, and the reverse is also true.  The ones that need it the most won’t end up listening to even the most knowledgeable store employee

😬🥺😩😢

Ok I finally concede, with this statement being the final nail in the coffin. It is and always will be the bottom line of the profit margins. But the upside is this makes me so much more proud to be a part of aquarium coop. I promote and support this company that@Cory has created every chance I get and maybe if enough people demand service like this we could see a change.

thank you all for your input on this thread it has been a wonderful debate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1