OMG Berries!

tolstoy21

On 8/20/2021 at 10:02 AM, Griznatch said:

Wow, that's impressive! Instant shrimp colony 🙂

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I need to net her out and move her to my shrimp only tank, cause there are a lot of hungry fish in the aquarium she's in right now.

I just started with the orange rillis and don't have many, so every baby is precious!

Edited by tolstoy21
  • Like 2

On 8/20/2021 at 8:59 AM, tolstoy21 said:

I think this is the most berried shrimp I've seen in any of my tanks yet. 

WOW!!!  That’s a LOT of eggs!  With that many it will be hard for her to carry them all, so don’t be shocked if she looses some.  If you can find them, I’ve read you can put them in a net that dangles down into the water with the net frame propped on the side of the tank.  Then put an airstone flowing slowish not quite directly under the net so it jiggles the eggs gently and circulates water through the net but the bubbles go up the side of the net and don’t catch under it and billow it up.

I’m soooo jelly of that many eggs!  Well done!

On 8/22/2021 at 8:32 AM, Maggie said:

I miss my shrimp and I think the first thing I'm going to do in my new place is a shrimp-only tank. I had yellows, might try a different color next. The orange is lovely!

Yeah I really like keeping shrimp. I've had crystal reds for some time now, and just started with the orange rilis. I was trying them out in a nano-fish tank (CPD, Chili Rasporas, etc . . . things too small to eat the adults).

After I saw how much I liked them, I transferred a bunch to a 10 gallon to grow the population. I figure I'll just move some full-sized adults to tanks with fish and not try to hatch shrimplets in a precarious environment.

On 8/22/2021 at 7:32 AM, Maggie said:

I miss my shrimp and I think the first thing I'm going to do in my new place is a shrimp-only tank. I had yellows, might try a different color next. The orange is lovely!

I have red, red rili, blue, and just started a tank with yellows.  I think the blue ones are my favorites.

• Like 1