Weird baubles on java fern

Nik_n

Today I got some new plants from a friend. He has an established tank and wanted to get rid of some plants. I took them, as I will use them in my new project. 

I did a salt bath (15min) with the plants to kill off any pests (he has pond snails in his tank). After the salt bath I washed the plants in freshwater, lest them in a bucket for a couple of hours. Now I noticed some weird baubles. They feel like hard jelly. I will include a picture. 

The fact that they feel jelly like and look like snail eggs makes me think that they are snail eggs after coming into contact with salt? I have no idea if that's true or not. 

IMG_20210818_165523.jpg

Those are definitely bladder or pond snail eggs. A good trick is to put the plant in a clear glass shut the room lights out and move the plant around while shining a flashlight. It highlights them easily to be wiped off. The baby snails will be too small to see but is you quarantine and check daily you will be able to over the course of 2-3 weeks effectively remove the babies before they reproduce and you will be snail free without plant damage. Hope that helps. If you keep the snails they are very good gardeners😁